News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Buddy in England

Started by Claireliontamer, October 27, 2015, 08:15:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

The original thread got lost in the great forum implode of 2015.

I know Buddy arrives 21st November but what is the plan?  Just trying to arrange getting to Leeds, staying somewhere etc?

What was the itinerary?

Tank

We hadn't really got one. So here we go.
Saturday. Stick local and do Temple Newsam during the day and Leeds in the afternoon/evening as we could do the Royal Armouries and then the German Beer keller..
Sunday. Suggestions
Monday. York museums and sight seeing
Tuesday. Suggestions.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

Oops! Accidentally booked train and hotel...

Would really like to see Temple Newsam but I think I might miss you guys if you're going in the morning. However, I shall go alone if necessary and catch up with you over a stein or five...

Anyone ever been to BrewDog??? (that's a query, not a suggestion)

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

Quote from: Siz on October 27, 2015, 07:22:38 PM

Would really like to see Temple Newsam but I think I might miss you guys if you're going in the morning. However, I shall go alone if necessary and catch up with you over a stein or five...

Yay!!!!!!!

What time does your train get in?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Crow

Yup quite a few Manchester, Shoreditch, Leeds, and Sheffield always good with a slightly older crowd and less pretentious than the usual craft beer bars/pubs.
Retired member.

Siz

Quote from: Tank on October 27, 2015, 09:10:31 PM

Yay!!!!!!!

What time does your train get in?

Arrive Saturday 12:24pm
Leave Sunday 12:12pm
Not sure if I'd need it but I got a PlusBus pass for both days just in case.
Staying at the Colton... in a double just in case I get lucky. Dag?... Crow?... Mrs Git?...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Guardian85

Bouncing in via Manchester on the 20th. Will seek shelter at the Tank residence.

Totally up for Aromuries and Bierkellers.
Beer and cannons? Killer combo. 8)

Bouncing back out the same way I came in on the 25th.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Siz

Crow and Git, you guys coming out to play?

OldGit

Sadly I can't make it.  A great pity.

Siz

Quote from: OldGit on November 05, 2015, 09:28:10 AM
Sadly I can't make it.  A great pity.

Indeed!

Would it make a difference if I told you DJ is gonna make a surprise appearance in her belly-dancing outfit?

Crow

Quote from: Siz on November 05, 2015, 01:04:57 AM
Crow and Git, you guys coming out to play?

I'm not sure. I'm pretty much on call with what I have been working on for the last few month between the 14th and the 5th. However I pop over to Leeds all the time at a moments notice for drinks so that is no big issue if I am free.

Oh yeah Guardian if you want information on the easiest and cheapest way to get to Leeds from Manchester airport let me know and I point you in the right directions.
Retired member.

OldGit

Quote from: SizWould it make a difference if I told you DJ is gonna make a surprise appearance in her belly-dancing outfit?

Afraid not.  Buddy and G85 would be quite enough to entice me, if I were able to make it.  Mind you, I'd love to meet DJ.

Siz

Quote from: OldGit on November 05, 2015, 03:12:51 PM
Quote from: SizWould it make a difference if I told you DJ is gonna make a surprise appearance in her belly-dancing outfit?

...G85 would be quite enough to entice me....

What?! Who told you about G85's belly-dancing outfit?

Guardian85

Quote from: Siz on November 05, 2015, 04:21:33 PM

Nobody even told me about it yet?  :???:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tank

Quote from: Guardian85 on November 06, 2015, 04:12:51 PM
Quote from: Siz on November 05, 2015, 04:21:33 PM

Nobody even told me about it yet?  :???:
We were hoping to keep it a secret until you arrived in the UK.