News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Exodus: Gods and Kings

Started by xSilverPhinx, December 16, 2014, 06:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

For atheists and theists alike: are you considering watching this movie/Have you watched it?

I hear many atheists saying that they won't watch it because it's a piece of religious propaganda, and likewise many theists too because apparently it diverges from the Bible a bit.

I personally think I'm going to watch it, I liked Ridley Scott's previous films and so will give this one a chance. The ratings (Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB) for this film don't seem to be too good though.     

Exodus Official Trailer here
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Crow

Why not? I have enjoyed Thor, Valhalla Rising, Pan's Labyrinth, My Neighbour Totoro, Spirited Away, Hercules, Jason and the Argonauts, Clash of the Titans, Troy. As well as many other films I can't remember their names that use religious basis for their content. I'm playing the game Ōkami (Translates directly to "great god") at the moment and that is about the god Amaterasu which is the shinto god of the sun and universe tryng to bring down Yamata no Orochi and I am really enjoying it.

Actually probably not as Exodus is a pretty boring book that has been done to death. Ridley Scott isn't exactly as good as he use to be and anything that makes the film half decent is going to come from the acting as the plot is shit. Maybe if they get into where Moses slaughters a shit load of people and asks people to think about how fucked up the story is then it might be ok. But let me guess the film probably ends when they cross the sea.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Yeah on second thought I'm not too sure if I want to watch it now. I don't really mind badly rated popcorn flicks but this one looks like the trailer is already the entire movie, or at the very least the trailer is much, much better than the movie.   :-\

Firebird

No, but not for any religious or anti-religious reason. It just looks crappy. And Prometheus sucked, so I'm not very high on Ridley Scott these days.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

Damn I forgot about how bad Prometheus was and that Ridley Scott directed it. Thumbs down from me, I don't think I'm going to waste my time watching this movie...