News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

The END TIMES (cue forboding music)

Started by Aullios, July 27, 2006, 02:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aullios

Here's an interesting site I found for people who believe "the end is nigh!"

I don't expect you to read the whole thing, it's tortuously long.  You'll probably get my point by the time you look up to 500 CE or so.

http://www.geocities.com/alma-geddon/lastjudgment.html

To navigate to later dates, scroll to the bottom of the page and take your pick.

Asmodean Prime

Aullios

Quote from: "onlyme"http://www.endtimes.freehomepage.com/

Haha, clicking on that one made me feel dirty.

Asmodean Prime

why should it make you feel dirty, aullios?

I think some of the information contained in some of the links affects us all, whether believer or agnostic, etc.

Unless I overlooked the Ha ha part?

Keep on keeping on, brother

Aullios

My point is that the "prophecies" of Revelation are so vague that they can be construed to match nearly any time period.

The Mark of the Beast for example:  Is it the microchip?  Was it the tattoos that Hitler forced the Jews to get at death camps during the Holocaust?  Was it the brands that slaveholders put on their slaves in the Old South?  Was it a host of other things that could be called a "mark" that have been given throughout history?

Asmodean Prime

vague in some ways, yes, but as I see it, the microchip is the closest contender to date, since those corporations who advocate it see it as ushering in a total cashless society, in which no man will be able to 'buy or sell' without it.  Total enslavement if you ask me.   Also, the proposed european logos show a revived tower of babal (babylon) - and a woman riding a beast.  Coincidence?   These chips contain 5 and a half times more information than those that first put man on the moon.  Are we sleepwalking into an orwellian nightmare?   These fifth generation computers are designed along the lines of a human-computer interface.  This means that information, including emotions, behaviour, etc, can be transmitted, as well as received, using these chips.   A very dangerous scenario, if you ask me.   Time will tell.  All I'm saying is, beware.

You may not trust Christians to sound the clarion call for awareness, but can you trust the bankers and big business who are pushing this any more?  they see you as fodder for their own selfish agenda. don't you see that?  maybe it WILL soon be time to take sides, and choose who is acting in your best interest.    Freedom is being eroded in the name of the 'terrorist threat', which I believe largely is a ploy to get us all to sacrifice our liberties in the name of national security.   And I don't think people will realise until it is too late.   Better to at least wake up now and probe these issues than find ourselves trapped with no way out.

Aullios

I didn't say I wanted the microchip in me any more than you do.   I blame that on being belonophobic.. not theophobic, though.

So you're hinting at EU being "the revived Roman Empire?"  Here's three more "revived Roman Empires":

1.  The Holy Roman Empire -- not hard to figure out why that one would be suspect.
2.  The Vatican -- The richest country in the world, per unit area... and conveniently enough, it's in Rome!
3.  The United States -- The way we live our lives with such gluttony and pride is considered by many fundies to be Roman traits.

The only people I trust to sound the call of End Times are the astronomers who tell me when an asteroid is making a beeline for us, or the sun is exploding in 5 billion years.

Court

Quote from: "onlyme"vague in some ways, yes, but as I see it, the microchip is the closest contender to date, since those corporations who advocate it see it as ushering in a total cashless society, in which no man will be able to 'buy or sell' without it.  Total enslavement if you ask me.
Really? You see a cashless society as total enslavement? How so? It just sounds practical to me. We spend far too much on producing money as it is. Besides, it will be more secure than cash, checks, or credit cards. You, along with every other paranoid christian, are simply reading too much into these vague prophesies. They remind me of horoscopes; any one of them could apply to nearly anything.

Quote from: "onlyme"Also, the proposed european logos show a revived tower of babal (babylon) - and a woman riding a beast.  Coincidence?
*snicker* Probably not. I bet they thought they were being funny. If I had made those chips, I totally would put a label like that on it just to fuck with the christians, lol, Are you afraid of technology? That's a bit rich, as you are using computer, connected to the internet simply to type that message. I'm sure when the technology at your fingertips came out, plenty of folks were scared of it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if you were. Technological developments are inevitable. Get used to it and don't get spooked every time something new comes along.

Quote from: "onlyme"Time will tell.  All I'm saying is, beware.
Ugh, stop saying that. You not only sound smug, you sound idiotic. Like a crazy person wholeheartedly assuring me that a spaceship is coming down to abduct me soon. "Beware"....ooh, scary.
[size=92]
I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floors of silent seas
[/size]
[size=92]
try having a little faith = stop using your brain for a while -- ziffel[/size]

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: "Aullios"I didn't say I wanted the microchip in me any more than you do.   I blame that on being belonophobic.. not theophobic, though.

So you're hinting at EU being "the revived Roman Empire?"  Here's three more "revived Roman Empires":

1.  The Holy Roman Empire -- not hard to figure out why that one would be suspect.
2.  The Vatican -- The richest country in the world, per unit area... and conveniently enough, it's in Rome!
3.  The United States -- The way we live our lives with such gluttony and pride is considered by many fundies to be Roman traits.

The only people I trust to sound the call of End Times are the astronomers who tell me when an asteroid is making a beeline for us, or the sun is exploding in 5 billion years.

I'm not necessarily saying it is any of these 3 things you mention.  Maybe it's all of them.  The endtime world government will after all be a WORLD government, perhaps incorporating ALL of these.

Astronomers?  why should it concern you if the sun explodes in 5 billion years time?  You will be dead from another source before that, and have to face the judgement.  This is the real danger, in my opinion.  You won't live 5 billion years, but you will be dead soon, probably in less than 50 years.  maybe longer, maybe a lot less.  That is the real issue as far as YOU are concerned.  Not meaning to belittle you or scare you, just facing the facts, as we all have to face them, me included.   Death will come to us all before 5 billion years.  Are we prepared?  After all, it IS a big thing, is it not?

Asmodean Prime

court, do you really see this cashless society as a liberating factor, and not total enslavement?  real hard cash is the last vestige of freedom we have.  when you can no longer draw 'cash' or get a job, or benefits, or a passport, unless you go along with the new world order plan, then I truly think that we will be total slaves to the system.  can you not see that?   A few men with computers controlling your every move, and all access to your finances ( for YOUR benefit?)

I'm not meaning or trying to sound smug.  You misunderstand me.  I personally think that everyone is soon to be in danger.  Maybe you will think differently later.

Aullios

Onlyme,

The 5 billion year reference was exactly what you thought it was:

I was implying that when the end times do come, all humans (as we currently know them) will be long gone.

Jassman

Quote from: "Court"Really? You see a cashless society as total enslavement? How so? It just sounds practical to me. We spend far too much on producing money as it is.

I also see it as a very practical thing. I use my debit card for everything as it is. I'd probably be one of the first people to get an RFID implant... They are a great idea. It is easy to get paranoid about these things though.

Quote from: "Court"Besides, it will be more secure than cash, checks, or credit cards.

Actually, people were hacking RFID tags from distances of about 30 feet at some hacker convention that went on this year. I'll see if I can find some solid information on it. Although they will be able to fix security flaws, so I don't think this will end up being too much of an issue.

Quote from: "onlyme"These fifth generation computers are designed along the lines of a human-computer interface.  This means that information, including emotions, behaviour, etc, can be transmitted, as well as received, using these chips.   A very dangerous scenario, if you ask me.

Show me a credible source that says this. Emotions transmitted? Check the date on your calendar. It should say 2006, not 2036.
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised

Asmodean Prime

oh, dear, Jassman, and I thought you were computer savvy!

Jassman

I would say that I am fairly knowledgeable with computers (hardware and software). Please show me a link. A computer cannot interpret human emotions.
[size=75]"You ever notice how people who believe in creationism look really unevolved?" -Bill Hicks[/size]

[size=75]I'm drowning in the fear of gods. The more I see the less I want. I was not raised

advancedatheist

I would find it deliciously ironic if we get an "antichrist"-like world statesman who delivers the goods in terms of peace and prosperity -- and no Jesus ever arrives to oppose him!