News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: atheist only area

Started by Ali, June 28, 2013, 06:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on June 28, 2013, 05:56:13 PM
Quote from: Ali on June 28, 2013, 05:40:55 PM
I'm against it as well. I don't mind the religious talk as long as they don't mind knowing that I think it's a load of crap. Sometimes people get snippy like "I know YOU think it's a fairytale...." (read: you intolerant ass, you) which I think is a load considering they obviously knew that this was an atheist forum (and therefore yes, we think your superstitions are just that, superstitions.) So that whole "playing the victim" thing gets a huge eye roll and zero sympathy from me, but if they wanna keep hanging out, let 'em.

I do know *you think it's a fairytale and I thought that dialog in that context might help understand the fairytale ( yet not believe )...but as I can see, I'm simply here calling *you an ass.

Nothing is farther from the truth.  But I'm deluded, so you're right.

For fuck's sweet sake, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

I would be happy to have a civil conversation about religion, but when you preemptively put provocative language in our mouths ("fairytales", "deluded") then I lose that motivation pretty quickly.  I wouldn't have called your religion a fairytale or called you deluded, but it you're going to make out that *I'm going to get nasty like that before I've even had the chance, then sure, let's go there.  If you're going to play the martyr to my uncivilized jerk, then I may as well have the pleasure of actually being the uncivilized jerk.  It's not self depreciating or endearing in any way - it's actually a not so subtle insult that you think that we can't possibly play nicely, and so you will beat us to the punch.  Her Snarky Priestessness is NOT AMUSED.