News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Post YouTube videos that don't suck!

Started by Buddy, October 27, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Tom62 on May 28, 2017, 02:48:29 PM

Have to agree with a lot the man says but the video images make it seem mere propaganda*, not rational argument. And, once again, the answer is, "What is the solution?"

Human rights only for white Europeans in Europe? Is that 7th generation French person of African origin or the 20th generstion of Pakistani descent really trustworthy? Export all others to a part of the world that is already struggling to feed its present population? Send all Syrians back to Syria to fester in hatred and have only the ambition to pay Europe back for it?

I have no idea of the solution, only the feeling that it will involve at least a loss of rights for all and a lot of bloodshed for some, no matter what is done. It is a slow war that could fester for many decades.

Perhaps the strictest possible sanctions on any country - and I mean the virtual closing of borders by means of force - and against any suspected individual or company giving funds or equipment to terrorists - or any who deal with these. The international rules, including the Geneva Convention and most of the UN rulebook will need rewriting, assuming the UN even survives at all.

Short of total "beliefocide" the more Muslims you treat badly chances are the more terrorists you will generate. Catch 22 has nothing on this.

But I have to agree, despite the inhumanity of the barring of all imigration, importing the problem does seem stupid.

The possibilities of making matters far worse are easy to slip into.

* Added later: one might draw a parallel between the nostalgic images in that video and the invoking of a mythical Gernan history that the Nazi party used, comparing that with images of grinning rich Jews getting out if big cars. In both cases the poor and underpriveledged, due to the normal strata in society at that time, were kept well out of the picture. There are differences in content but similarity in intent.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

I watch this to remember the good times, when President of the USA was a decent, fairly cool, somewhat funny, likable and intelligent man...because now we have the exact opposite in President Dickhead.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

I liked that one Bruno. Sure enough the former Prez is a cool guy.

Biggus Dickus

^^Thanks for the love Icarus Man, thanks for the Love"

This video certainly fits the "...don't suck" genre!

Orbital/ATK Cygnus cargo ship being released from the International Space Station June 4, 2017.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

joeactor

great video... love the tracking info/data.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

The thing that bugs me, is that they are getting upset about getting phone spammed. Like how do they not see how stupid it is for them to spam millions of people, then get upset when it happens to them?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on June 23, 2017, 10:32:01 PM
The thing that bugs me, is that they are getting upset about getting phone spammed. Like how do they not see how stupid it is for them to spam millions of people, then get upset when it happens to them?

Dontchya know they are hypocritical vermin? ;)

There's a great scambaiting site I like to read every now and then in which people take on Nigerian scammers posing as princes with frozen assets, rich heiresses with fortunes to inherit among other absurdities, in order to waste the scammers' time so that they have less time to scam people.

Icarus

More about scammers. This is a whole other type of scam that is at least borderline legal. A few laughs here are in order....or not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg  Enjoy.

xSilverPhinx

Arturo

You should all do this for better health and make progress toward a better commitment goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw71zanwMnY
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

As soon as I see things like your post, Arturo, I run the other way!

Too many decades of self improvement ideas did me no good. I will stuck with enjoying interedting food, a glass of vino and my sofa with a little common sense to temper the mix!

What was it about anyway!  :grin:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on June 27, 2017, 09:21:59 PM
As soon as I see things like your post, Arturo, I run the other way!

Too many decades of self improvement ideas did me no good. I will stuck with enjoying interedting food, a glass of vino and my sofa with a little common sense to temper the mix!

What was it about anyway!  :grin:

Exactly what you hate lol
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

I do some guided imagery to reduce stress and generally relax... related to meditation.

I think exercise can also be meditative.