News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Introduction

Started by i.os, July 31, 2012, 06:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i.os

Since hi and hello does not count to meet the 10 post criteria I am having to write this statement.
--location being relevant from other introduction example here i.os is west of prime meridian north of equator.
--run-of-the-mill atheists (often favoring nihilism, although don't like to).

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, i.os. We can never have too many run-of-the-mill atheists. Mostly the mill seems to send us spammers, so a human being who's here to do something other than advertise is good to see. I hope you enjoy your time reading and posting here.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

The Magic Pudding

'ello

Quote from: i.os on July 31, 2012, 06:40:18 PM
--location being relevant from other introduction example here i.os is west of prime meridian north of equator.

I hope that doesn't mean Canada, our current Canadians are such a problem, always jigging about and admiring cats.  ;)

OldGit

Greetings, i.os.  Are you from Herefordshire?  I'm  about 52° N  11° West.

i.os

Across the pond// :-X and prefer anonymia hence i.os. and do prefer time reading the posts.

Amicale

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on August 01, 2012, 02:07:36 AM
'ello

Quote from: i.os on July 31, 2012, 06:40:18 PM

I hope that doesn't mean Canada, our current Canadians are such a problem, always jigging about and admiring cats.  ;)

:D Hello, i.os, from one of the aforementioned Canadians. I hope you enjoy HAF. :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

markmcdaniel

I will just say welcome.
It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against Christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science - Charles Darwin

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the object of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a god, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism. - Albert Einstein

Religion is a by product of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity. - Arther C. Clarke

Faith means not wanting to know what is true. - Friedrich Nietzsche

i.os

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Welcome! I found your comments quite quirky. I look forward to hearing more.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins