News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

New kid on the block.

Started by Icarus, June 30, 2012, 12:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Hello and welcome!! You are right about people who will not read books that contradict the bible. I live about half a mile from South Carolina so hooray for me  >:(
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on July 07, 2012, 07:01:28 PM
Hello and welcome!! You are right about people who will not read books that contradict the bible. I live about half a mile from South Carolina so hooray for me  >:(
fuck, that sucks.  :(
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 07, 2012, 07:53:27 PM
You're telling me.  Though I have found about 300 atheists in the area.  And a lot of them are very rude, crude, offensive and anti politically correct than I could ever imagine. I fit right into the group!!   ;D
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

OldGit

That's excellent news - but how did you find them?

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on July 07, 2012, 08:05:42 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 07, 2012, 07:53:27 PM
You're telling me.  Though I have found about 300 atheists in the area.  And a lot of them are very rude, crude, offensive and anti politically correct than I could ever imagine. I fit right into the group!!   ;D

Haha!!

For the most part, i think some atheists can be rude only because we are fucking sick of religion being shoved into our face by law and pamphlets. :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Recusant

This thread took an unfortunate turn after the above post, and the subsequent posts do not belong in an introduction thread. Thus, I've moved them to the Operations Desk section. Any morbid curiosity may be satisfied by clicking here.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Wow umm... I read the other posts and feel like I was the one that started it all by mentioning that Some of us are offensive people.  I would like to point out that all of us are doing it all in good fun.  the point was that we atheists are everywhere.  Even in places like SC.  To Old git I was messing around on the internet after joining HAF.  I decided to google Atheist meetup in My city.  I found a group called CSRA Atheists.  CSRA is just an acronym for some of the surrounding counties.  The group was based on facebook so I joined them and added a few of them as friends.  They have regular meetups and even a weekly meetup at a British pub called highlander.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Icarus on June 30, 2012, 12:28:55 AM
Hello one and all. I am charged with the responsibility of introducing myself. Here goes.

I am a long term atheist, not a militant one even though I feel the urge sometimes. I can endure the theists but I cannot help but feel sorry for them and their grand delusions. That may be an indication of arrogance but i deny that charge. I do not consider myself the ultimate authority on the theory of everthing so I am open to becoming more informed.

Hello and welcome(back), Icarus.  Glad you'll be able to endure me.  ;)