News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Church/State separation violated - why I really joined

Started by Firebird, January 06, 2012, 03:50:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitty

wow that really is quite shocking. i especially detest the 'but you seem so smart' commment. but it does seem to me to be one donkey in the wrong job. i presume those interviews are nerve-wreaking, and one would do almost anything to past them, so being questioned in that manner must have been awful for her, i'm so impressed she stuck to her guns like that, that's awesome. people who cant act professionally definately shouldnt be in jobs as important as that. he was an idiot and does deserve reporting imo, but i dont think it would help any. i do hope he doesnt progress to making more of point of it next time someone questions the whole 'so help me god' thing. i reckon the fact that we're discussing it is a good sign that at some point there are tabs being kept on these situations which hopefully stop them from getting any worse.
Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? (Douglas Adams)

xSilverPhinx

Is there some way you could make an anonymous suggestion/complaint to the office, if your wife is ok with it?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Firebird

I'm sure there is. I could bring that up with her too, but I doubt it would change her position. Though I suppose I could tell her that I would just do it so it wouldn't be her responsibility in the end.
Thanks, it's a nice idea.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Hector Valdez

Huh. For some reason I was unaware that there was a "so help me god" clause. And I've been under oath about four or five times...  :-\