News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Intellectual Laziness (2)

Started by fishtumor, April 21, 2012, 03:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishtumor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77jj7HPrJIY
Religious fervor. Incurious worldviews. Intellectual laziness. Unreason. These are the problems that threaten the future of civilization as sloppy thinking and superstitious nonsense spread their tentacles. Even the skeptical community has sometimes been negligent in their responsibility to fight these ills.

But there is one man who has something to say about it.

In this Fish Tumor Productions exclusive, Shafreel finally breaks his silence about today's most important issues as believers and skeptics alike are called out and held accountable.

Comments and discussion are welcome and encouraged. Just remember, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Tank

Gave up at 2:25. Preaching is preaching whatever the subject. Poor sound production; way too much background noise. Style over substance; trick editing is distracting and adds nothing to the presentation or message.

6/10 - Adequate, but not exceptional.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

A bit of googling also shows you've been sticking this exact same OP across a number a theist and atheist forums, thus indicating you have no respect for the forums modus operandi at all. Forums are not your personal advertising space. Very, very unimpressed with that behaviour. I'm not gonna ban you as everybody deserves a second chance. So your next post will be pivotal and your continued participation here will be contingent upon its contents.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Damn that editing is annoying. Like Tank I stopped watching the second you started flicking locations for every sentence.
Retired member.

Amicale

Yes to what others have said about the editing. Yipes. The jumping around may give someone a near fit!  ;)

I appreciate the general sentiment of what he's attempting to say, though. And the bit where he exchanged the man's book for his own was cute.

I'll say this for it -- I like the Carl Sagan Cosmos hat(s) - either the colour of the logo was edited in the videos, or he has 3 hats, with each logo being red, white, or blue. I'd take a blue-logo Sagan hat.  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan