Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Alls I wanna know is...

Started by Bella, December 15, 2007, 12:29:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bella

Is this person drunk?! Coked out?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=S7DVXszD_ ... re=related

I don't understand... but it's funny! Is he trying to compare scientology to atheism?

Mister Joy

Looks like he hasn't slept for about a week. He thinks that atheists are too preoccupied attacking Christians when there are far worse things like Scientology about. Truth be told, he's probably never been to the States or seen those wacky preachers who ask for large sums of money, constantly shout and claim to have magical healing powers. Christianity in Britain, and this is probably even more the case up North where this guy comes from, is about as inoffensive, non-commercial & harmless as a lightly buttered scone despite what many angsty British teenage atheists may say in a desperate attempt to find something to rebel against. It isn't a threat to society, it isn't generally used to scam people out of money and it isn't trying to take over the government or people's minds (it's pretty live and let live, actually). Christianity in the USA, as I've experienced it, is remarkably in-your-face & from what I understand needs to be resisted a whole lot more. Since he's mainly addressing American atheists - at least the ones he listed - I think it's thoughtless of him not to have taken that on board. However, if I was to take only my own culture into consideration, as he seems to have done, he actually has a good point. Scientology is infinitely more unsettling for us and the opposition is seemingly excessive towards Christians when compared to how little there is for L. Ron Hubbard's masterful con.