News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

How many strikes before your out?

Started by Stevil, March 01, 2012, 05:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevil

Former gang member with 106 convictions back behind bars
You gotta wonder, how society puts up with garbage like this?
How many convictions does a person need before we decide to throw away the key or simply terminate the problem person?

Ecurb Noselrub

Rather shocking. Society has to have the right to protect itself against incorrigible criminals. Should be in for life.

Dobermonster

Before my out what?

Just kidding. :P

I'm against the death penalty, but life in prison? Yes, please.

Tank

Quote from: Dobermonster on March 01, 2012, 08:19:14 PM
Before my out what?

Just kidding. :P

I'm against the death penalty, but life in prison? Yes, please.
I can arrange that I have access to a dungeon!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Stevil

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 01, 2012, 06:48:22 PM
Rather shocking. Society has to have the right to protect itself against incorrigible criminals. Should be in for life.

Is it really worth it, to let this person loose on society just to see if he has reformed? Someone in authority ought to be held accountable if they let him out and he harms someone else.

I'm not sure about incurring the cost of life imprisonment, I am quite happy to put him down.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Stevil on March 01, 2012, 08:25:18 PM
I'm not sure about incurring the cost of life imprisonment, I am quite happy to put him down.

I'm inclined to think the same.

Amicale

I wouldn't kill him. I'd lock him up and have him do at least 8 solid hours of work a day in order to earn his 'board'. Prisoners who were dangerous offenders used to be put to work building things, constructing things, doing manual, menial jobs. Now, it seems like they're just stuck in a cell and allowed to read, write, or watch TV. Is it any wonder so many of them prefer jail? Send this idiot someplace that'll make his time useful.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Amicale on March 01, 2012, 08:39:33 PM
I wouldn't kill him. I'd lock him up and have him do at least 8 solid hours of work a day in order to earn his 'board'. Prisoners who were dangerous offenders used to be put to work building things, constructing things, doing manual, menial jobs. Now, it seems like they're just stuck in a cell and allowed to read, write, or watch TV. Is it any wonder so many of them prefer jail? Send this idiot someplace that'll make his time useful.

Like some remote island of sorts?  ;)

Tank

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on March 01, 2012, 08:43:05 PM

I think that's been done on a couple of occasions and in the end the inmates took over.  ;D
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on March 01, 2012, 09:07:58 PM

I think that's been done on a couple of occasions and in the end the inmates took over.  ;D

But I LIKE Australia, so it all worked out for the best, amirite?  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Tank

Quote from: Amicale on March 01, 2012, 09:23:09 PM

Definitely perfect in the case of Australia, it was America that went wrong  ;) :D

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on March 01, 2012, 09:24:55 PM
Quote from: Amicale on March 01, 2012, 09:23:09 PM

Definitely perfect in the case of Australia, it was America that went wrong  ;) :D

Well, see, I time traveled and told them to send the inmates to the Arctic to duke it out with the polar bears, but they took a wrong turn crossing the Atlantic...

C'est la vie...  ;D

Siz

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Tank

Too Few Lions

it was a good jpeg though, it made me chuckle.

people like John Gillies definitely should never be allowed back out into society.