News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Mummifying Alan: Egypt's last secret

Started by Tank, October 25, 2011, 06:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Mummifying Alan: Egypt's last secret

QuoteA team of scientists attempt to mummify a specially-donated body in order to understand Ancient Egyptian mummification techniques

I have just watched this and recommend it 100%. You'll not have see a guy interviewed before he is mummified I would think :o
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Too Few Lions

damn it I wanted to watch that! This has just made me remember it was on last night, I'll have to catch it on 4OD

Tank

Quote from: Too Few Lions on October 25, 2011, 07:04:37 PM
damn it I wanted to watch that! This has just made me remember it was on last night, I'll have to catch it on 4OD
It is a fantastic watch. Particularly when Alan's wife sees her husbands wrapped and mummified body, very touching indeed.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Whitney

I need to learn how to watch overseas programming in the states....

Crow

This program was great. It was really strange when they had the Alan's voice talking whilst showing his body being prepared.
Retired member.

Tank

Quote from: Crow on October 26, 2011, 01:40:39 AM
This program was great. It was really strange when they had the Alan's voice talking whilst showing his body being prepared.
I agree and the whole programme was a little surreal. But oddly comforting. You can see why mummification was emotionally attractive (and probably still would be) for many people. It's irrational but very human.