Author Topic: Dawkins writes book for Children  (Read 450 times)

DeterminedJuliet

• The Stone Lady of HAF
  • Global Moderator
  • Blessing Her Holy Hooves
  • Don't Blink
Dawkins writes book for Children
« on: September 09, 2011, 08:51:36 AM »
http://richarddawkins.net/articles/642927-children-are-indoctrinated-i-want-to-open-their-minds

“I’m very aware that people try to get their hands on children and indoctrinate them and I want to open their eyes, open their minds, show them the thrill of science — of really understanding so much of why we exist, why the universe exists, what life is."

Interesting read and may well be worth picking up when my little fella is a bit older. I was always given illustrated bibles and the like when I was a kid, it'd be nice to have an alternative  :)
"We’ve thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you’re dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Stev13jay

• Beginning to See the Wedge
Re: Dawkins writes book for Children
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 02:19:00 AM »
Well growing up a roman catholic and getting my confirmation all of my youth I've been given l sorts of bibles and religious books its good to know that here are books I can give my child so he can know facts. Plus I love Richard dawkins work