News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Teenage atheist son vs Mom utube video

Started by Gawen, September 04, 2011, 02:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawen

This poor kid...
Mom shows a lot of Jesus's love here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZdLD-AoUB8&feature=feedrec

BTW, how does one embed the video direct here?
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Tank

We don't have the code to embed videos here, I think it's on the 'To Do' list  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Seen it before. Something tells me that kid is gonna move the first chance he gets...

If it were my mother, I'd probably hit her in the face with a flower pot... (Seriously) But that's probably just me. I think it's fair of me to demand my parents to be on MY side rather than god's no matter what. Why..? Because they are my parents.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Xjeepguy

I feel sorry for the kid. That woman is psycho. Hope he sticks to his guns.
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg

Asmodean

Quote from: Xjeepguy on September 04, 2011, 05:11:19 PM
I feel sorry for the kid. That woman is psycho.
Isn't that weird, how many a parent profess that they'd jump in front of the train for their kid (and maybe they would... A good parent would... At least for a half-decent kid... I think.), but when it comes to religion or sexual orientations, it's god's way or the highway for the same people...

Me, I call it hypocritical.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Gawen

Quote from: Xjeepguy on September 04, 2011, 05:11:19 PM
I feel sorry for the kid. That woman is psycho. Hope he sticks to his guns.
Chances are he'll resent that treatment from his mother. Whether or not he remains an atheist, at this point, doesn't really matter. His predicament truly sucks. And it is very sad.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

OldGit

She uses the word 'fucking'.  Perhaps in the US this is not incompatible with professing Christianity, but to a Brit it's almost unthinkable in a conversation about religion.

In fact, in mainstream British society you wouldn't often find a family in which this reaction would happen.

We are very lucky that bigoted faith-heads have not yet taken over in the UK.

Xjeepguy

Quote from: OldGit on September 05, 2011, 08:55:59 AM
She uses the word 'fucking'.  Perhaps in the US this is not incompatible with professing Christianity, but to a Brit it's almost unthinkable in a conversation about religion.

In fact, in mainstream British society you wouldn't often find a family in which this reaction would happen.

We are very lucky that bigoted faith-heads have not yet taken over in the UK.

The only Xtian families I have known that speak that way would be catholic, and the way it sounds, that is probably what that family is.
If I were re-born 1000 times, it would be as an atheist 1000 times. -Heisenberg