News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Not so much on my mind as on my nerves.

I think I have trigemial nerve neuralgia; hurts seriously in front of my left ear, in my left eye, left teeth, left nostril, left sided scalp ache, left . . .

Please send me "There, there"s, because Tylenol/paracetamol is known to be ineffective!

:(
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Recusant

Egad, that sounds very tiresome! Sorry to hear about the pains, Gloucester:therethere: :sadnod:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Velma

Quote from: Gloucester on March 14, 2017, 03:28:44 PM

I think I have trigemial nerve neuralgia; hurts seriously in front of my left ear, in my left eye, left teeth, left nostril, left sided scalp ache, left . . .

Please send me "There, there"s, because Tylenol/paracetamol is known to be ineffective!

If you haven't been to a doctor yet, GET TO ONE ASAP! There may be something they can do for it. (Living with an autoimmune disease that causes chronic pain, I know just how far the promise of modern medicine can fall short of the reality.)

There, there. Take care of yourself.  :hug:
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Magdalena

:therethere:

:console:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Sorry to hear that Gloucester. Living with pain is really awful. I would also say get to your GP as soon as possible. Mine has prescribed Celebrex for a troublesome left hip, but I only need to take a capsule perhaps two or three days a month. I see it is banned in the UK, but it is still available here (for how much longer, though?)
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Thank you peoples.

I got some sleep, it has settled to a very low level ache and the occasional flair for a few seconds.

Not so easy to see my GP on short notice, unless one should be calling an ambulance anyway! Old doc retired and the new guy has doubled his patient numbers. Takes ages just to talk to the receptionist now.

Got an appointment for another matter tomorrow so will present it then if it's still a prob. Sre I will survive until then!

xSilverPhinx

:therethere:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

This might not work as well but have you tried applying ice? Heat? Icey heat? You'll get through it, you're a tough old man. :therethere:
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on March 16, 2017, 03:05:18 AM

This might not work as well but have you tried applying ice? Heat? Icey heat? You'll get through it, you're a tough old man. :therethere:

Old!?

OMG, I am old!

Decrepit!

OldGit

Try hot whisky and lemon.  If you put a lot of whisky in, it'll probably help.

Icarus

Dave

Human nature.

Picture of a steam engine, wirh lady engineer, on Imgur for 48 hours:: 3 points

Cartoon of zoo keeper getting splatted by elephant, on Imgur for 20 minutes: 12 points.

Guess there are more shitophiles than steamophiles in this world...

Tank

Today is the vernal equinox in the Northern hemisphere.
No argument.

Today is the International Day of Happiness.
It's Monday!
How the fuck can it be International Day of Happiness on a Monday FFS!
Who made that happen?

The International Day of Happiness has to be a Friday!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Firebird

We had our first plane trip with Firechicklet this past weekend. My wife had a conference in New Orleans and I had a week of paternity leave left to use, so it seemed like a good test run. Despite numerous...ahem...challenges, it was a good trip. What kind of challenges, you ask? Firechicklet caught a cold as we were flying down there, and spent a good portion of the week coughing up phlegm and trying to sleep it off. We discovered the need to plan ahead, because we had two instances where my wife was away and I was with the kid and she passed out on me, and I couldn't move even though I was starving (yes, we managed to pick a hotel without room service. Again, didn't plan ahead well). The real kicker was the flight back though, as Firechicklet was at the peak of the cold. I tried to get food for us before boarding our flight and failed at two different eateries. Both of them ran out of food right when they got to my place in line, which was probably a bad sign right there. Already a bit crabby, we got on our flight, and after reaching cruising altitude, Mrs. Firebird went to change the kid in the tiny plane bathroom. Kid was coughing so much she puked all over her. It was rather impressive, though easy for me to say since I wasn't the one covered in milk and mucus. I tried making a couple of jokes about parenthood to lighten the mood as we cleaned her off, and Mrs. FB almost kicked my ass right there, as she was (understandably) in no mood for me being a wise-ass. Oh well.

But hey, it was a good week. We got to go out together one night to a nice jazz club, I got to go out on my own a couple of times and see some more great music (I recommend The Spotted Cat on Frenchmen Street if you're ever there) and at the end of it we looked at each other and admitted that yes, we can do this. As long as we point her away if she's coughing.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Firebird on March 20, 2017, 08:33:39 PM
We had our first plane trip with Firechicklet this past weekend. My wife had a conference in New Orleans and I had a week of paternity leave left to use, so it seemed like a good test run. Despite numerous...ahem...challenges, it was a good trip. What kind of challenges, you ask? Firechicklet caught a cold as we were flying down there, and spent a good portion of the week coughing up phlegm and trying to sleep it off. We discovered the need to plan ahead, because we had two instances where my wife was away and I was with the kid and she passed out on me, and I couldn't move even though I was starving (yes, we managed to pick a hotel without room service. Again, didn't plan ahead well). The real kicker was the flight back though, as Firechicklet was at the peak of the cold. I tried to get food for us before boarding our flight and failed at two different eateries. Both of them ran out of food right when they got to my place in line, which was probably a bad sign right there. Already a bit crabby, we got on our flight, and after reaching cruising altitude, Mrs. Firebird went to change the kid in the tiny plane bathroom. Kid was coughing so much she puked all over her. It was rather impressive, though easy for me to say since I wasn't the one covered in milk and mucus. I tried making a couple of jokes about parenthood to lighten the mood as we cleaned her off, and Mrs. FB almost kicked my ass right there, as she was (understandably) in no mood for me being a wise-ass. Oh well.

But hey, it was a good week. We got to go out together one night to a nice jazz club, I got to go out on my own a couple of times and see some more great music (I recommend The Spotted Cat on Frenchmen Street if you're ever there) and at the end of it we looked at each other and admitted that yes, we can do this. As long as we point her away if she's coughing.

New Orleans is a great place, I've certainly had some good times there...although nothing as crazy as your story above Firebird :P

At least you got to spend a bit of quality time with the Mrs. Firebird, and even a bit of time with yourself...good music is a cure for just about everything.

So I normally arrive at the office each morning between 7:15 and 7:30, we don't open until 0800, butt I like to get there early. One, there is less traffic if I leave earlier, and second it allows me some time to get settled in, and I enjoy the quite before everyone else starts getting in and the phone starts ringing, etc....

Some time ago my boss started to come in early as well, now it's a toss up between who will get there first every morning her or I.

Several week's ago she hired a new lady to come in three days a week to assist her with some work, and told the new lady that she could come in at 0730 if she wanted and leave at 1630.
So now the new lady is coming in three times a week at 0730, which is fine, butt my boss travels quite a bit with her boss, so now I have to be here by 0730 to let the new girl in.
Before I would come in early because I wanted to, butt there were some days if I was running late, or finishing up some laundry, etc...i would leave later, but still arrive close to 0800.

Now I have to be here by 0730 the days the new lady is working because she doesn't have a key so I need to let her into the office, unless I know my boss will be there to let her in, but the boss's schedule changes all the time, and I think she just assumes I'll be here early...sort of created my own monster by coming in early all that time.

crap
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."