Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonia

Like I always tell my kids (which now elicits huge eye rolls):
Sleep heals everything! :visit morpheus:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Bad Penny II

Well it's night now but this morning, busy getting ready for work and on the radio as usual Trump's latest.

The segment gets introduced, it's about trumps sexually abusive practices pre election.
A woman comes on and I think she's Trump's spokesperson and she says these supportive things of woman making claims.
Well ye that's cool, the normal slippery politician does that and then says but in this case they are mistaken or something.
But she was actually talking for the woman making the complaints.
Woman 2 comes on, she's Trump's one.  Trump won the election so any wrongs he had done previously were irrelevant, all accusations are proven false by his minority vote.

Of course I know if you have a disagreement you can challenge your opponent to combat and god will decide who is right.
Ye and Popes can do stuff.
I never knew US elections worked in this way.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

xSilverPhinx

If you hear someone wailing at night from afar, do not worry, it is I, screaming in pain after a night of enthusiastic overeating.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Harmonie

My mom's talk of moving to a Northeastern state like Vermont or New Hampshire. Oh, no, I can not get that off my mind for even one minute.  :frolic:

I don't want to get myself too excited here, because back when I was in high school there was talk of moving to Kansas. However, I think it might be the real deal this time. The fact that every single county of our state voted for the horrible amoral monstrosity that is Trump has really made my family sick. Like absolutely can not stand it anymore sick.

I have no idea how it came down to the Northeast states to move to, but it makes me very happy, because *I* really would like to go live there, but can't stomach moving away from my family like that. It'd be too much of a loss for me. So this is kind of like a miracle? Lol. Perhaps they're thinking of me, I don't know...

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Tank

^^^ Excellent potential news!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

You know how "they" pressure you, sometimes a little too much, to feel the xmas spirit? I was just thinking, tomorrow, the 26th, xmas will be over...
:tellmemore: I will wake up singing that great song from the 70's, Love Is in the Air by: John Paul Young.  :dance1:

I'm not trying to pressure anyone into ending xmas a few hours sooner, or anything like that, I'm just saying tomorrow it will all be over!
:frolic:

~Back to "normal."  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Harmonie on December 25, 2017, 03:31:38 AM
My mom's talk of moving to a Northeastern state like Vermont or New Hampshire. Oh, no, I can not get that off my mind for even one minute.  :frolic:

I don't want to get myself too excited here, because back when I was in high school there was talk of moving to Kansas. However, I think it might be the real deal this time. The fact that every single county of our state voted for the horrible amoral monstrosity that is Trump has really made my family sick. Like absolutely can not stand it anymore sick.

I have no idea how it came down to the Northeast states to move to, but it makes me very happy, because *I* really would like to go live there, but can't stomach moving away from my family like that. It'd be too much of a loss for me. So this is kind of like a miracle? Lol. Perhaps they're thinking of me, I don't know...

That does sound like good news. My sister lived in New Hampshire for a while, very beautiful state...I'll keep all of my digits crossed for you! 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 28, 2017, 01:46:46 PM

But, but. That's just like the bit between Monday and Sunday, and Sunday, and Sunday . . . for me!

I like analogue watches but always buy a model that also displays the day and date or I get lost in time.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

;D

I love this period of time, it's like an never-ending Sunday.

...Not sure if the following is correct or not, but saw the following on my twitter feed.

In the UK the days between Christmas and New Years are known as the 'gusset' in England. Example: "I'm 4 days deep in the Christmas gusset"
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

QuoteIn the UK the days between Christmas and New Years are known as the 'gusset' in England. Example: "I'm 4 days deep in the Christmas gusset"

Huh? New one on me PB.

Apart from "gusset bags" for xmas pressies the only other ref I found sounds right up you, er, street:

QuoteThe Christmas Gusset

The Dirty Grotto, curated by Kiln at The Rep, Birmingham

Wednesday 16 December, 2015

For this filthy festive occasion I slipped something naughty (but rather nice) into Mother Claus' grubby stocking tops. Sitting on Mother Claus' knee, visitors were treated to a fiery ginger 'powder' either sucked off her dirty finger or licked off some titillating wraps.

The Christmas Gusset was one of six fabulous nights curated by Kiln at The Rep Theatre in Birmingham. Each night offered a wickedly funny line-up of tinseled brilliance to entertain and titillate, washed down with a glass or two of Babycham at the Sweet Pussy Bar.

More details on the Dirty Grotto available at http://www.birmingham-rep.co.uk/event/the-dirty-grotto/
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on December 28, 2017, 02:38:03 PM

;D

I love this period of time, it's like an never-ending Sunday.

...Not sure if the following is correct or not, but saw the following on my twitter feed.

In the UK the days between Christmas and New Years are known as the 'gusset' in England. Example: "I'm 4 days deep in the Christmas gusset"

I've never heard that expression before. In which part of England is it used?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

New TV (123cm LG LED UHD 4K) + Netflix = Star Trek marathon. See you in a while!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

My bible-thumping Adventist grandparents will arriving in a while. I'm wondering where they could be taken them that isn't an Adventist Church...the city I live in isn't exactly full of tourist attractions. :notsure: 

My grandfather is a bit of a soccer fanatic, so I guess we can take him to a couple of stadiums.