News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Glad to hear he's doing better, Velma. I miss his contributions to a certain history forum, but since they've installed a self-righteous/overzealous moderator there, it's just as well that he doesn't bother.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Velma

Quote from: Recusant on November 30, 2017, 05:12:48 PM
Glad to hear he's doing better, Velma. I miss his contributions to a certain history forum, but since they've installed a self-righteous/overzealous moderator there, it's just as well that he doesn't bother.  :)
He doesn't tolerate fools easily.  :D

He was admitted to the first hospital for the flu because he has COPD. Medical personnel tend to get a bit twitchy when someone with COPD comes down with the flu.

One of the doctors from the first hospital called this morning. She was puzzled that he had gotten so ill right after being released. I'm thinking the dehydration along with an increase in a blood pressure medication that has caused him issues in the past, combined with the flu, was just too much.

The doctors at the second hospital are thinking he will be able to come home this weekend.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

Ah, yes, COPD and any kind of bronchial or lung infection is not a good combination!

Recognise the blood pressure medicine problem as well. On two different vasodilators plus losartan (Cozaar), whilst being diagnosed with severe systolic impairment, put my BP down to 70/54 I was suffering abdominal angina, extreme breathlessness, dizzyness etc etc. Walking limit eithout a rest was about 25 yards. Took me teo weeks, carrying a BP meter with me all the time to record it, to convince the doctor that it was hypotension - partly due to the medication, that was my problem. Stopping the losartan was like going back ten years in terms of walking, lifting etc. Even showering and doing the ironing was much easier, previously it was one shirt per ten minute rest.

I think part of the problem is box ticking, "Got a heart problem, here, take this stsndard list of drugs, we give it to everyone!" Every medic who had not carefully read my notes assumed that I had hypertension and acted accordingly.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Velma

Plus, his medical history has been made even more complicated by his 20 years in the Navy. The first thing new doctors ask after seeing his medical records is, "How are you still alive?" This includes the old hands who have been treating veterans for years.

We are hoping that the fresh eyes at this hospital may see something the doctors at the VA overlooked.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

Keeping 'em crossed for you, Velma.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Velma

He's doing much better. They wanted to do a scan of his kidney's today, but he couldn't lie flat long enough. They will try again tomorrow.

It appears I have dodged to the flu - only to catch another cold. I know it is not the flu because having the flu doesn't involve this much snot and I only feel like I've been run over by a minivan, not an 18-wheeler.

Dragonia

Hang in there Velma, you and your man!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

Quote from: Velma on December 02, 2017, 01:31:51 AM
He's doing much better. They wanted to do a scan of his kidney's today, but he couldn't lie flat long enough. They will try again tomorrow.

It appears I have dodged to the flu - only to catch another cold. I know it is not the flu because having the flu doesn't involve this much snot and I only feel like I've been run over by a minivan, not an 18-wheeler.

Better news, even with the cold, but still look after yourself.

Velma

I talked to my husband just a few minutes ago. He sounds better than I do. He is also being released today. So once the cold medicine kicks in, I'm going to start getting ready to head out.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Velma

We got home about minutes ago. He's already gone to bed. I probably won't be up much longer myself.

hermes2015

Quote from: Velma on December 03, 2017, 01:36:44 AM
We got home about minutes ago. He's already gone to bed. I probably won't be up much longer myself.

Good, hope he is well on the way to recovery. Have a good rest, Velma; you deserve it.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames