News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

<===  :puppysnicker: "Don't Pray in My School, and I Won't Think in Your Church."

~Love it! :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 28, 2017, 04:07:55 PM
QuotePlease don't let Mags turn me into a newt...:worried:

Perhaps we could convince Mags to turn you into a chicken instead.  Then you'd still be able to use a keyboard while being reprimanded.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 28, 2017, 03:41:53 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 28, 2017, 03:22:24 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on November 28, 2017, 02:41:02 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 28, 2017, 02:29:41 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on November 28, 2017, 02:06:41 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 28, 2017, 11:22:53 AM
I have to write a report but...I feel so sleepy.  :visit morpheus:

Well you can just do it tomorrow ::)

I can't, tomorrow's the deadline.  :(

I'm going to write it now.

Then what was all that "I feel so sleepy crap"?...and why are you online with us?

Log off of HAF and do your work, or I'll have Mags put a hex on you! >:(

:sidesmile:

I'm multitasking.  :P

Seriously though, I am writing the report. :smilenod:

Please don't let Mags turn me into a newt...:worried:

You better be...For the time being I'll call off Mags, but not only do you need to get the report done, it needs to be at xSP's highest caliber work.  :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

Heh, I just sent a part of it to my supervisor. I hope he feels it is high caliber work. :worried:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Perhaps we could convince Mags to turn you into a chicken instead.  Then you'd still be able to use a keyboard while being reprimanded.

Can a headless chicken use the keyboard? :notsure:

:grin:

xSilverPhinx

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 28, 2017, 06:39:05 PM

Can a headless anything use a keyboard?  While you could keep your head to peck on the keys, I expect a chicken could also type by running back and forth across a keyboard.  Tho you'd probably have to be turned into a hundred chickens doing that for a hundred years before you got anything you could give to your supervisor, so we might as well forget it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 28, 2017, 06:46:17 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 28, 2017, 06:39:05 PM

Can a headless anything use a keyboard?  While you could keep your head to peck on the keys, I expect a chicken could also type by running back and forth across a keyboard.  Tho you'd probably have to be turned into a hundred chickens doing that for a hundred years before you got anything you could give to your supervisor, so we might as well forget it.

Yeah, I think we can discard the chicken idea. :lol:

Pasta Chick

I wish text offered more subtlety of tone and more people got dark humor.

BF just knocked on the door while I'm in the shower:
"Hey if you hear the fire alarms, it's just the oven."
"Oh, ok. Thanks."
"That's also something someone would say if they were trying to kill you."

I can't stop laughing but it looks so bad all written out.

Tank

Quote from: Pasta Chick on November 29, 2017, 11:36:40 PM
I wish text offered more subtlety of tone and more people got dark humor.

BF just knocked on the door while I'm in the shower:
"Hey if you hear the fire alarms, it's just the oven."
"Oh, ok. Thanks."
"That's also something someone would say if they were trying to kill you."

I can't stop laughing but it looks so bad all written out.

:rofl: :rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

My husband was in the hospital for the flu. He was released early Wednesday afternoon. About four hours later we were heading to a different, closer hospital after he checked his blood pressure and got a reading of 60/45. Eight hours later he was admitted to the second hospital with the flu, pneumonia, and out of control blood pressure. He was so dehydrated that it took four bags of saline to bring his BP up. They were afraid to give him any medication. They also did at CAT scan to make sure he didn't have internal bleeding from a leaking aneurysm or some such event. I got home at 2:45 am.

When I left the hospital, he was doing much better. His BP was up, he was no longer incoherent, and he was finally urinating again. Tomorrow, I need to take him some clean clothes. One of the nurses got some blood on his while they were trying to start an IV. Not her fault - he's on blood thinners and even a minor cut bleeds like a waterfall.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

Having suffered hypotension almost that low I feel for your husband and recognise your concerns, Velma. Sounds like your husband is back on the up curve though

Also sounds like bad care management at that first hospital, hydration control is a standard protocol in cases of fever, it dhould never have been allowed to get to that point.

Is it standard practice for admission with the 'flu or is your husband on a special risk list? I get the jab but, despite my cardiac condition, no special trestment should a bug slip by. But keeping lots of fruit juice or squash by the bed is my standard practice, simple water not quite enough, calories needed as well. No juice or squash? Sugar and a little salt in the water.

Best wishes to the pair of you.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: Velma on November 30, 2017, 09:15:04 AM
My husband was in the hospital for the flu. He was released early Wednesday afternoon. About four hours later we were heading to a different, closer hospital after he checked his blood pressure and got a reading of 60/45. Eight hours later he was admitted to the second hospital with the flu, pneumonia, and out of control blood pressure. He was so dehydrated that it took four bags of saline to bring his BP up. They were afraid to give him any medication. They also did at CAT scan to make sure he didn't have internal bleeding from a leaking aneurysm or some such event. I got home at 2:45 am.

When I left the hospital, he was doing much better. His BP was up, he was no longer incoherent, and he was finally urinating again. Tomorrow, I need to take him some clean clothes. One of the nurses got some blood on his while they were trying to start an IV. Not her fault - he's on blood thinners and even a minor cut bleeds like a waterfall.
I can't imagine an incoherent 'zilla! The first hospital screwed up by the sound of it? Good to hear he's back on the mend.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on November 30, 2017, 10:04:43 AM

I can't imagine an incoherent 'zilla! The first hospital screwed up by the sound of it? Good to hear he's back on the mend.

How horrible, and yes it sounds like the first hospital should have never even discharged him...glad to hear as Tank said that he is back on the mend.

Good Luck to the both of you Velma, and take care. :daisies:
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

I'm so glad he's finally doing better, but what a horrible day for both of you.  Hoping you're getting some rest now as well.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany