News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Murphy's restless ghost is a fucking misanthrope, isn't it?

On The Gray Mind..? This rattie;

So... Uncomplicated.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Yeah, she's being looked after but is a little traumatised. She says that there was someone at the workplace who would bully her so maybe it's not all that bad that she was laid off. There are options available that do not involve having to work for somebody else.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 21, 2017, 01:20:08 PM
Yeah, she's being looked after but is a little traumatised. She says that there was someone at the workplace who would bully her so maybe it's not all that bad that she was laid off. There are options available that do not involve having to work for somebody else.

So here's hoping she comes to terms with the trauna and this turns out to have a silver lining!  :smilenod:

Few things in everday life getting me hotter under the collar than bullying!  :grrr:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

I'm sorry to hear that xSP, good luck.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on July 21, 2017, 01:55:37 PM

So here's hoping she comes to terms with the trauna and this turns out to have a silver lining!  :smilenod:

Yes, I think it's going to work out in the end.

QuoteFew things in everday life getting me hotter under the collar than bullying!  :grrr:

Me too. In her case it's most likely because she speaks English better than all of them (she worked in an English school as a teacher). Such a thing can attract a lot of jealousy.

Firebird

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 21, 2017, 02:03:08 PM
Me too. In her case it's most likely because she speaks English better than all of them (she worked in an English school as a teacher). Such a thing can attract a lot of jealousy.

Interesting. Good luck to her!
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Firebird

My division finally announced our long-rumored reorg. We're combining with another division and then splitting everything up into departments in one big happy family (in theory). Color me skeptical. This whole reorg is happening because the other division has sucked, and they're fixing it by absorbing us, meaning they're the ones calling the shots, even though we actually do our jobs well and don't play politics like them. Even worse, my whole department is getting split up and my boss, whom I really like, will no longer be my boss any more. To add insult to injury, she doesn't even know what she'll be doing yet. The only management positions they've announced have all gone to managers in the other division (the one that's sucked). Disrespecting her like that has really pissed me off.

I'm actually not stressed per-say, as my job is safe, but I have no idea how my role will change, partly because the people calling the shots don't seem to know what exactly we do. Yes, even though they're doing the reorg now. Just last week we were still outlining all the things we do and why divying them up is no small task.
Anyway...I'll see what happens, but I might have to go back on the job market again, which I'm not exactly looking forward to. But I've been there for years, so maybe it's just time.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Dave

QuoteReorganizing is a Wonderful Method for Creating the Illusion of Progress while Actually Producing Confusion, Inefficiency, and Demoralization
Gaius Petronius Arbiter (27 - 66 CE)?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 21, 2017, 12:45:48 PM
Kind of feeling sorry for my sister right now, who was robbed and lost her job this week.
'Kind of feeling sorry' sort of implies a little tiny bit of schadenfreude?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on July 21, 2017, 07:49:10 PM
Kind of feeling sorry for my sister right now, who was robbed and lost her job this week.

Not at all, it's not something I would wish for a family member or friend. For my enemies, yes, but not for my sister.

To go to work she has to walk through an isolated residential avenue, near a small park. The robber rode a motorcycle, pistol whipped her on the head and took her bag, which contained valuables. She was a fool to carry as much as she did in her bag, especially having to walk through the aforementioned route, but even so I don't think she deserved it, much less find it remotely funny. 

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 21, 2017, 08:05:14 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 21, 2017, 07:49:10 PM

Not at all, it's not something I would wish for a family member or friend. For my enemies, yes, but not for my sister.

To go to work she has to walk through an isolated residential avenue, near a small park. The robber rode a motorcycle, pistol whipped her on the head and took her bag, which contained valuables. She was a fool to carry as much as she did in her bag, especially having to walk through the aforementioned route, but even so I don't think she deserved it, much less find it remotely funny.
Rotten bad luck on both counts then. I hope things turn around quickly.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

This is not good.  :therethere:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Support for your sister SP. It's never fun getting jumped in the street.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

No one

I find bricks, baseball bats, and tire irons send a pretty substantial message to bullies.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on July 22, 2017, 01:00:02 AM
I find bricks, baseball bats, and tire irons send a pretty substantial message to bullies.

I prefer scathing words myself. :notsure: