News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Buddy on May 25, 2017, 09:29:36 PM

I just can't believe someone would pass up such a friendly cat like Pata.

Bless you.  Seriously.   :hug2:
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Arturo

Makes me miss my old dog Rona, who my Dad gave away after getting it from a coworker. That dog got passed around. Poor thing probably has separation anxiety by now.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

I accidentally adopted a cat.
That's such a nice story, Buddy :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on May 26, 2017, 05:07:14 AM

I saw your cousin, Mothra, on my wall tonight.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

The cat that my boyfriend and I were going to get didn't work out. Her owner decided to keep her. We were going to wait a bit before looking for another one but that didn't happen. My mom and I stopped by the humane society to drop off some litter and food for the kitties and they showed me Pata, a 14 year old female cat that was scheduled to be euthanized on Monday. Her owner passed away and she had been at the shelter for 4 months because no one wanted an older cat. They let me adopt her without any fees because they wanted her to go to a home.

Guys, this is the sweetest most snuggly cat I've met in a long time. We've been home for 15 minutes and she hasn't stopped purring and rubbing on me since I let her out of her travel carrier. She loves having her belly scratched and I'm told that she loves other cats but I'm letting her settle in before I introduce her to Lilith.

I just can't believe someone would pass up such a friendly cat like Pata.

Awwww you are so sweet!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Arturo on May 26, 2017, 06:38:28 AM

I had to google, Mothra, and I got this gif of a moth dragging Godzilla's ass all over the place!  :lol:

I like it!  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on May 26, 2017, 06:49:50 AM

I had to google, Mothra, and I got this gif of a moth dragging Godzilla's ass all over the place!  :lol:

I like it!  ;D

Mothra and Godzilla had a few movies together in Japan. Mothra also had it's own series of movies. Which were really weird and were nothing like the Godzilla movies.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Arturo on May 26, 2017, 04:32:33 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 26, 2017, 06:49:50 AM

I like it!  ;D

Mothra and Godzilla had a few movies together in Japan. Mothra also had it's own series of movies. Which were really weird and were nothing like the Godzilla movies.

My favorite was Gamera, the flame shooting, flying, totally badass prehistoric turtle. In fact my son used to have a pet "Red Eared Slider", named Gemera. (I let him go free some years ago :()

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Pasta Chick

One more day off, then back to work. I'm a bit anxious but should be fine. I kinda regret not getting more done while I've been home but the first days were pretty tough and it's been raining since.

Dave

Quote from: Pasta Chick on May 26, 2017, 06:59:40 PM
One more day off, then back to work. I'm a bit anxious but should be fine. I kinda regret not getting more done while I've been home but the first days were pretty tough and it's been raining since.

Good luck, PC. Just take care, eh?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Sandra Craft

Take it easy.  And you need to train those dogs to do housework.  I'm sure it would be awkward, but there must be some way it could be done.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Essie Mae

It's been a mixed week; went to a Roman Catholic funeral in St Albans on Thursday and it was a bit long but the music was absolutely divine (!) - they had a professional singer. Yesterday we went to Clacton, an Essex seaside and walked all along the promenade in glorious sunshine to an area where there are a couple of Martello towers and a beach that was very quiet until late afternoon. Then the windsurfers were out and I wished my knees were younger so I could join them. It looked like the best fun. We topped the day off with a meal in a country pub in celebration of our 45th anniversary today. The romantic Mr M will be watching the football Cup Final today so I am going to Soapbox Science at Southbank in London. Women scientists present their science literally from soapboxes for the passers-by; everyone from astronomers to brain researchers. Its main remit is to encourage women into science. A lot of it is interactive which children love.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

Don't guilt yourself out. You were off to convalesce so no problems.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Essie Mae on May 27, 2017, 10:41:45 AM
It's been a mixed week; went to a Roman Catholic funeral in St Albans on Thursday and it was a bit long but the music was absolutely divine (!) - they had a professional singer. Yesterday we went to Clacton, an Essex seaside and walked all along the promenade in glorious sunshine to an area where there are a couple of Martello towers and a beach that was very quiet until late afternoon. Then the windsurfers were out and I wished my knees were younger so I could join them. It looked like the best fun. We topped the day off with a meal in a country pub in celebration of our 45th anniversary today. The romantic Mr M will be watching the football Cup Final today so I am going to Soapbox Science at Southbank in London. Women scientists present their science literally from soapboxes for the passers-by; everyone from astronomers to brain researchers. Its main remit is to encourage women into science. A lot of it is interactive which children love.

Sounds like a good day (apart ftom the funersl), Essie. Only time I ever went to Clacton the skies opened, damn nuisance having to spend the day running from pub to pub :(

I love the idea of Soapbox Science and its aims, did a presentation on women in science (we had to chose a subject that needed new research) in college. Got a bit hooked on the subject for a while, still lots of respect.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Claireliontamer

I think my new job title should be 'Scamp's Social Secretary'. All I seem to do these days is organise her social diary.