News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Any apatheists?

Started by YaarghMatey487, February 23, 2011, 10:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YaarghMatey487

Hello Fellow Atheists,
I'm Ivey. I'm from a really podunk part of north Georgia and thankfully have moved away. My interests include: photography, cooking Indian food, history, archiving, Bollywood, reading, loose leaf tea and not caring about a higher power. Favorite bands: The White Stripes, Cold War Kids, Adele, Fleet Foxes, The Killers, The Strokes, Nick Drake and... a few more. Je parle un peu de Francais, alors si vous etes francophone, c'est chouette avec moi.
"Don't you love the Oxford Dictionary? When I first read it, I thought it was a really really long poem about everything."- David Bowie

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

Tank

Hello Piratical One!

Welcome to Happy Atheists

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, YaarghMatey487.   :up:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Whitney

I don't think I care if god exists or not as the only god I think is possible is the deist god and the existence of that one really wouldn't affect us either way...but I do care about how the actions of religious people affect me and the rest of society.  So, if that fits what you consider apatheist then I'm one though I prefer to identify as freethinker or skeptic as I think that better encompasses my approach to religious topics and belief in general.

welcome to haf

YaarghMatey487

Whitney, you nailed it. Apatheism (for me any way) is the belief (or lack thereof?) that if a creator does exist, he/she/it doesn't seem to play any sort of role in our lives. Thusly, he/she/it doesn't care and neither do I. I agree with you though. I care a great deal about what religious zealots believe since their actions affect my life in many ways- very few of which are positive.
"Don't you love the Oxford Dictionary? When I first read it, I thought it was a really really long poem about everything."- David Bowie

McQ

Apatheist #1 at your service! Welcome to the forum.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

DirtyLeo

Quote from: "YaarghMatey487"... Je parle un peu de Francais, alors si vous etes francophone, c'est chouette avec moi.

Salut Ivey,

Ca serait avec plaisir mais
I'm not sure if this is allowed in public messages.  ;)
Best Served Cold - Joe Abercrombie
* "Often, the last thing men believe is the truth."
* "Right y'are! I must be the stupidest bastard in the Circle of the World, er? It's a wonder I can hold my own shit in without paying mind to my arse every minute."
Under Heaven by Guy Gavriel Kay
* "We

YaarghMatey487

*tips hat at McQ* I thought I was the only one. Do you run into the problem of having to explain pragmatic atheism?

Asmodean

I suppose if forced to take a solid stance, I would classify myself an apatheist. I don't care if there are gods, but I do care when the followers of the assumed gods are bringing their godliness into my life.

Welcome to HAF!
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

terranus

Bonvenon al la Forumo!
[spoiler:1fjyyhhd]Welcome to the Forum![/spoiler:1fjyyhhd]
Trovas Veron!
--terranus | http://terranus.org--

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey