News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Pets...what do you have?

Started by Whitney, June 22, 2006, 09:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

analyzedatheist

My wife and I have a crazy cat family...

Oldest Cat: Cinnamon
-Kind of a light orangey-brown-tan sort of colour, striped, short hair.
-Mildly overweight.
-Loving, but only on his terms...touch him when he doesn't want it, you've open pandora's box.
-If he's lying on his back, looking at your with loving eyes, as if he wants his tummy rubbed, IT'S A TRAP.

Middle Cat: Misty
-Light and dark grey, thick stripes, with bits of light brown throughout, mid-length to long hair.
-More than mildly overweight...but her fur tends to make her look more stocky than she is.
-Very loving and needy, with a mild mood disorder, but she does not like to be carried.
-Her fur is pristine, and chunky...when she wants to cool off, she lies on her back and stretches out her legs.

Youngest Cat: Zoe
-Typical black and brown tabby cat, she is only 1 year old, and still very kitten-like.
-Very petite and slender, frisky, but quite well behaved.
-Very loving, at least toward my wife, she liked to sleep in the hood of her sweatshirts when she was smaller.
-Takes very opportunity to escape the human abode...she's a born wild cat.

Hope you like my descriptions :)

Buddy

Very nice, but we have a policy here that posts about pets are required to have pictures.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on July 05, 2012, 02:36:44 AM
Very nice, but we have a policy here that posts about pets are required to have pictures.  ;D
It's not a rule, more of a guideline  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Crow

None. I'm not a pet person.
Retired member.

Ali

Crow, I had kind of hoped you had a talking raven.   ;)

Synapse

No real pets. Had a terrapin which went missing. Some fish that died. A chicken that was quite delicious.

And I foresee a lot of mice and monkeys in my future (I'm into neuroscience).

Buddy

Lilith is extremely photogenic. /s

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 14, 2014, 07:16:01 AM
Lilith is extremely photogenic. /s

She is pretty, and appears to be winking at us ;D

So I don't get the following picture at all. Am I wrong for thinking this is fucked up? Is there any logical explanation for subjecting a dog to be carried around like this?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dobermonster

Mobility issues or an injury, perhaps. Besides that, no.

Biggus Dickus

That possibility crossed my mind, but my first assumption was to think this was more for the convenience of the owner or as a gimmick.
I was out last weekend, and we saw a couple dressed up in very nice evening clothes (Fur coats, hats, etc...)walking around, and the woman had a small dog she was carrying around as if it was nothing more than an accessory to her outfit, like a small clutch purse.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Pasta Chick

I wouldn't even use that for most mobility problems.  All the legs are just hanging.  A stroller or wagon would work better in most cases. 

You can thank Paris Hilton for the dogs as accessories craze.  Not that she started it, but she definitely made it a bazillion times worse. 

RichW9090

Here are the names of my current and recently deceased pets: 

Tilly - Golden Lab
Simpson - small mutt
Huxley - deceased
Darwin - deceased

Sense a theme here?