News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What are you Eating right now?

Started by terranus, February 01, 2011, 06:11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

Dave

Ignore the fries, they are just a cover for my ketchup habit.

Or is that, "My ketchup habit is covering the fries"?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Ha! You called them fries, well done :clapping:
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on March 18, 2017, 05:39:13 PM
I'm not a fluent speaker of American but can't help but pick some up hanging out with youse guys on the Interweb.

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on March 18, 2017, 05:53:48 PM
I'm not a fluent speaker of American but can't help but pick some up hanging out with youse guys on the Interweb.

I had these things called "American French Fries" at this restaurant my Dad likes to go to. They were thick cut slices of potatoes that they fried in a pan.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on March 18, 2017, 06:56:24 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on March 18, 2017, 05:53:48 PM

I had these things called "American French Fries" at this restaurant my Dad likes to go to. They were thick cut slices of potatoes that they fried in a pan.

OK, a lesson in English fried potatoes:

Slices less than 3mm (1/8th of an inch yo you lot) deep fried potsties are "chips".

Slices half as thick again to twice as thick, shallow fried so they are golden on the outside but have a soft centre are "fritters".

Cut into sticks from 6mm (1/4 inch) to 12mm (1/2 inch) a side and deep or shallow fried are "chips".

Cut as above, parboiled, left to cool, half cooked quickly in goose fat, left in the fridge overnight then finished in goose fat are heavenly.

After stage three, the half cooking, they can be frozen and revived by defrosting and finishing or o en baking - a sort of substitude for the real thing.

Cut into sticks less than 6mm and deep fried until they contain more fat or oil than potato are American "French" fries (which are an insult to France, a country that needs all the insults we can give it) and an abortion in the eyes of all true fried potato lovers!

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Gloucester on March 18, 2017, 05:23:58 PM

I can't stand katsup...you know why? When I was a wee lad me mum and da would make me eat kiszka (Fucking Polish Blood Sausage) which is a horrible, nasty, disgusting food.

My parents were both strict, and we had to eat everything on our plate, and you didn't get up from the table until it was clean. I spent many a night staring down at a plate of kiszka or fried bologna or some other such horror until hours later my folks would send me off to bed early for not eating everything I was served, especially when there were starving kids in China who would kill to get their hands on some kiszka (I got spanked once for making the suggestion that the kids in China would most likely prefer to starve to death than eat Polish Blood Sausage)

Anyway the only way I could choke this or other food down that I found bloody disgusting was to drown it in katsup, which is why to the this day I can't stomach the taste of it(Even your picture with the chips and katsup is making me a bit queazy)

The other trick I had was to carefully spit the food out into my hand, then work it into the front pocket of my dungarees, and when the pocket was full exscuse myself from the table, go to the bathroom and flush it down the toilet.

My cousin used to stuff the food down the leg of their dining room table. It was an old table, and the decorative leg of the table was a hollow post, and my cousin found the hole at the top were it sat under the table top, so he would slip food down the hole.
He got busted when my Aunt and Uncle investigated the horrible smell that was eminating out of their dining room.

My Uncle was a mean fucking bastard and he really gave it to him, I still remember my cousin showing my the bruises on his ass.

Anyway, fuck katsup.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Kizka looks like a cross between haggis and black pudding. But redder or browner.

I like both of those!

Arturo

Fucking Thirst Quencher

On a side note to Gloucester: imgur seems to have updated their website so you can get the direct link as soon as you upload a photo
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on March 18, 2017, 07:54:27 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on March 18, 2017, 05:23:58 PM

I can't stand katsup...you know why? When I was a wee lad me mum and da would make me eat kiszka (Fucking Polish Blood Sausage) which is a horrible, nasty, disgusting food.

My parents were both strict, and we had to eat everything on our plate, and you didn't get up from the table until it was clean. I spent many a night staring down at a plate of kiszka or fried bologna or some other such horror until hours later my folks would send me off to bed early for not eating everything I was served, especially when there were starving kids in China who would kill to get their hands on some kiszka (I got spanked once for making the suggestion that the kids in China would most likely prefer to starve to death than eat Polish Blood Sausage)

Anyway the only way I could choke this or other food down that I found bloody disgusting was to drown it in katsup, which is why to the this day I can't stomach the taste of it(Even your picture with the chips and katsup is making me a bit queazy)

The other trick I had was to carefully spit the food out into my hand, then work it into the front pocket of my dungarees, and when the pocket was full exscuse myself from the table, go to the bathroom and flush it down the toilet.

My cousin used to stuff the food down the leg of their dining room table. It was an old table, and the decorative leg of the table was a hollow post, and my cousin found the hole at the top were it sat under the table top, so he would slip food down the hole.
He got busted when my Aunt and Uncle investigated the horrible smell that was eminating out of their dining room.

My Uncle was a mean fucking bastard and he really gave it to him, I still remember my cousin showing my the bruises on his ass.

Anyway, fuck katsup.
:grin:
Your story reminds me of this scene:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

QuoteOn a side note to Gloucester: imgur seems to have updated their website so you can get the direct link as soon as you upload a photo

Thanks, Arturo, will check it out, but it could be a bit more intuitive, like clues that there are hidden menus etc!

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on March 19, 2017, 06:08:41 AM

QuoteOn a side note to Gloucester: imgur seems to have updated their website so you can get the direct link as soon as you upload a photo

Thanks, Arturo, will check it out, but it could be a bit more intuitive, like clues that there are hidden menus etc!

Yeah there is no hidden menu now. It's more intuitive (at least to me) so I figured you'd like to know.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on March 19, 2017, 07:19:16 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on March 19, 2017, 06:08:41 AM

Yeah there is no hidden menu now. It's more intuitive (at least to me) so I figured you'd like to know.

I'll look for an update, ta.

Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm eating curried rice and lentils. It's surprisingly satisfying!

Tom62

I had a German beef roulade with potatoes.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein