News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hello everyone!

Started by RyB17, January 11, 2011, 02:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyB17

I'm glad I found this site. I have become very interested in building a better understanding of why I feel the way I feel when the "hot button" religion topic comes up.

I grew up in a household that never really talked about religion. I remember as a kid I thought it was a little far fetched to believe in a magic man that lives in the sky. I think for myself and question things that seem far off to me.

My little sister converted to catholic before she got married....This really kinda pissed me off and it really sparked my "inner atheist" to really come alive. I thought she wasn't accepted by his family before she converted. It really sat wrong with me.

I also have had a very good friend preach to me before. I told him it made me super uncomfortable and he told me there was something missing in my life. His suggestion was Jesus...blah...

I'm really interested in learning a lot more about how I feel. I can't believe this stuff because I'm a very logical thinker. Thank you all for allowing me to learn with you. I'm hoping I can answer some questions here.

Thanks and I'm glad to be a part of your forum!

Davin

Welcome to the forums! Quite often there is something missing in my life, I just prefer to either fill it with something real or just leave it empty. I think a lot of people just want to fill every void they have immediately and in their rush they end up filling them with rubbish... I'm still working on that analogy.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

RyB17

Quote from: "Davin"Welcome to the forums! Quite often there is something missing in my life, I just prefer to either fill it with something real or just leave it empty. I think a lot of people just want to fill every void they have immediately and in their rush they end up filling them with rubbish... I'm still working on that analogy.

Thanks for the welcome.

I really hated being told "fill your heart with jesus" and you'll never feel that void again. Huh!? It left such a bad taste in my mouth...

Tank

Hi RyB17

Welcome to Happy Atheists, I hope you settle in and enjoy yourself.

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

haifa