News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Hang child molesters!

Started by Fininho, December 15, 2010, 05:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: "Fininho"PRESTO! - innocence proved!
Not so fast... We would need to eliminate the factor of cheating. Like with transplant surgery... Or laser surgery... Or regular surgery or any other scientific approach.  :hmm:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

I found this documentary interesting.

QuoteBill and Tom speak openly and honestly to 360documentaries about their desires, motivations, self-loathing and confronting their demons through the SafeCare program. And a warning, this program contains confronting descriptions of abuse and violence.

http://mpegmedia.abc.net.au/rn/podcast/ ... 2_1405.mp3

Fininho

As some pointed out [at another forum where I posted this topic], the molester goes to prison and the victim keeps paying tax money to keep the criminal protected by the justice system!
[size=150]More baking powder, less religion; more bakeries, less churches.[/size]

Whitney

I'd rather guilty people get a comfy rid through the system than one accidentally convicted innocent person suffer irreversible consequences...the justice system is flawed allowing for the incarceration of innocent people and that alone makes the death penalty wrong despite how horrible the crime may be.

DJAkuma

Quote from: "wildfire_emissary"IMO, no one deserves to die lawfully. I'd say let them die naturally, in prison.

IMO taxpayers don't deserve to be forced to pay to house and feed them either.

DJAkuma

Quote from: "Kylyssa"I think there's just too much danger of a molested child naming anyone who sets off her trauma triggers as her molester to use the death penalty on pedophiles.  

I've suffered a lot of trauma in my life and, even as an adult, some of it runs together and people who feel threatening can be superimposed over the actual assailants.  

[Edited to remove information some sick fuck decided to use to harass me with.]

There's been a ton of cases where someone has been charged with rape after having consentual sex with someone who decided after the fact that it wasn't. I think the death penalty should be used swiftly in cases where the physical evidence is overwhelming. I.e. caught in the act, combined with DNA evidence and victim testimony, etc

Fininho

Sexual violation of a minor is worse than murder, some say.
Some victims would have preferred death... we hear.
To me, the way those molesters are punished is not good justice.
I want serious deterrent.
[size=150]More baking powder, less religion; more bakeries, less churches.[/size]

Fininho

Quote from: "DJAkuma"
Quote from: "Kylyssa"I think there's just too much danger of a molested child naming anyone who sets off her trauma triggers as her molester to use the death penalty on pedophiles.  

I've suffered a lot of trauma in my life and, even as an adult, some of it runs together and people who feel threatening can be superimposed over the actual assailants.  

[Edited to remove information some sick fuck decided to use to harass me with.]

There's been a ton of cases where someone has been charged with rape after having consentual sex with someone who decided after the fact that it wasn't. I think the death penalty should be used swiftly in cases where the physical evidence is overwhelming. I.e. caught in the act, combined with DNA evidence and victim testimony, etc
Yes, we agree with that.
But if the current justice system is the best available, I assume cases of clear violation are easy to establish, and thus the adequate punishment to follow.
To me, death of the guilty is better than no death.

Goathead

But that's the problem with the justice system after all: when it comes to accusations of rape or molestation, you're "guilty until proven innocent" instead of it being the other way round. In fact, statistics show that around 25% of rape claims made by women are actually false, yet despite these incredible numbers, many decent men have their lives and reputations ruined because of a court that will see a woman flutter her eyelashes and wipe away a tear and just make an assumption without regard to evidence. In the extraordinarily rare instances where these horrible women have been caught out, the reasons for the claim often boil down to wanting either revenge, that is, to "punish" the man for some apparent "wrongdoing", wanting attention, or in younger girls to hide the fact that they were impregnated through consensual sex so as to avoid having to lose face in public and bear the shame from parents and relatives.

... So what can I say to all this? I only feel sorry for the men who have to live in such a biassed society. :(

Event_Horizon

Pedophilia isn't a regular crime. Depending on who you talk to, it could be considered a psychological disease. In most parts of the United States the death penalty is not inflicted on those who did not have control of their actions, that includes people who are suffering from certain psychological disorders. A woman in Texas a year or two ago had a psychotic breakdown, killed her child, and proceeded to... eat parts of it. The debate was should she be killed or put into a mental institution? My argument went as such, and I think it can apply here: to those who have no control, a deterrent is useless, to those who know it's wrong, they do not need additional reinforcement, so then what is the purpose of killing them? Revenge?

Also, what does the death penalty mean? To put someone in prison is to take them out of society because they cannot cooperate or contribute. To keep social cohesion, they are to be removed (as far as I understand). The death penalty has purposes as well: to punish a crime, to keep the person from doing it again, and to discourage similar persons. There are several problems with this concerning pedophilia. 1: molestation or rape in regard to the law (as for as I understand) is not severe enough to require death as punishment. To cause death necessitates the death penalty. 2: The person may not be able to do it again if they are dead, but the same effect can be obtained by institutionalizing them. 3: Pedophiles who can control themselves will already be deterred, as they already know it is wrong, and pedophiles who cannot control themselves turn the criminal justice system on its head. If they can't control their actions, how could they then be responsible for those actions? Even so, the additional deterrent wouldn't stop them, making the procedure a moot point.