News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

School Club Gone Wrong! Please Help! Fast :(

Started by Joey, December 02, 2010, 08:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey

My name is Joey and im the admin of New Grass @ www.ohscoa.webs.com and i had to make another forum because of some issues that i will explain in a bite. The new url is www.newgrass.forumotion.com

Well im Joey and im a senior at a school. I created a small ground called OHS Chapter Of Agnostics. We have over 45 members at school so far. But our school does not want to charter us (make us official to the school) because they keep trying to argue with me that our club serves no purpose or benefit to the school records (and they have a stupid manga club) I need some help on coming up with good excuses and fact why Agnosticism and Atheism is a good school club and would look great on transcript if the students wishes to post them on their transcript.

Im having some problem and im going to talk to our school principal this friday. I life in SoCal (South California) and please i need some help. I need to talk to him on why it is fair for us to have an Agnostic School Club since they have a Jags For Jesus (A christian school club) Please help fast! :(

My regards,

Joey Perez

Whitney

Tell them that the club will help the school by not having the ACLU on their case for being discriminatory against atheists and agnostics when the Christian club has already set precedent for them allowing religious clubs.  ;) If that fails, contact the ACLU so they can start the process of suing your school (assuming it is a public school, if it is private then you can argue that having a club that represents 15% of the population is beneficial to their receiving money from secular alumni).

McQ

My best advice is to change the name of the club or its purpose to a Critical Thinking Club, or Rational Thought Club. Say you're doing it in the style of Ben Franklins Junto organization. How can they argue with a founding father?

Say that the club promotes rational thinking, and scientific progress for the betterment of humans. Try that route.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Will

They've already rejected several good arguments, so I'm not sure if this is a case that will be won on merit. While I'd like to recommend McQ's strategy, I'm afraid threats are a stronger tool against school administrators that are being dicks.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Joey

Quote from: "Will"They've already rejected several good arguments, so I'm not sure if this is a case that will be won on merit. While I'd like to recommend McQ's strategy, I'm afraid threats are a stronger tool against school administrators that are being dicks.

Yes you are right, But this is one thing that im glad he pointed out about changing our name. Actually and honestly i did make the suggestion that ok fine i will change the name to something different, what he said was "Many people dont even know what Atheism and Agnosticism is!" Sort of making a joke about it. I was very nice and polite the entire time, also undertood some of his word. But it is not fair that he does not want to aporve us because of what we are. He is of Christian background and so is our principal. I dont know how trying to explain my purpose to them once again will get me anywhere. I actually have a person backing me up by the name of Bill he is the president of The American Agnostic Association and he is willing to lend me a hand. I also already have the Island Vally Empire Bulletine wanting to interview me on how the school is been unfair. Not sure how far this will go, but i will fight for the right of all Atheist and Agnostics to have their own part in school.