News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Argument Against ID

Started by Martin TK, July 28, 2010, 11:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin TK

Here is my best evidence that there is NO intelligent Designer.  One look at this fellow and all the intelligence goes out the window.  Just a moment of humor there.  I actually find this fish to be rather interesting, and LARGE.
"Ever since the 19th Century, Theologians have made an overwhelming case that the gospels are NOT reliable accounts of what happened in the history of the real world"   Richard Dawkins - The God Delusion

pinkocommie

Have you seen this:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/07/eye-evolution/

Irreducible complexity, bite my shiny metal ass.
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Martin TK

Quote from: "pinkocommie"Have you seen this:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/07/eye-evolution/

Irreducible complexity, bite my shiny metal ass.

I agree the eye has to be one of the worst arguments for the Intelligent Design fanatics.  Our eyes are anything but perfect.  I've often said that if I designed a product with as many flaws as nature has, or as the great intelligent designer did, I would be sued and bankrupt within a week's time.
"Ever since the 19th Century, Theologians have made an overwhelming case that the gospels are NOT reliable accounts of what happened in the history of the real world"   Richard Dawkins - The God Delusion

KebertX

Couldn't that... Fish(?) also stand as evidence to the point that Natural Selection isn't real, because that ugly motherfucker has to be the most maladaptive organism I've seen since that broken Fan-Lizard in Avatar.

"Reality is that which when you close your eyes it does not go away.  Ignorance is that which allows you to close your eyes, and not see reality."

"It can't be seen, smelled, felt, measured, or understood, therefore let's worship it!" ~ Anon.

AtheistInEden

This is what I thought when I saw that picture.

karadan

I love Sun Fish. They are really docile and big.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Martin TK

Quote from: "AtheistInEden"

This is what I thought when I saw that picture.

Yep, those are good questions.  The fish actually eats only Jellyfish, isn't that weird?

The Magic Pudding

I like these fish, they are large so the mouth is probably larger than it appears, by this logic the eyes must be very big.
If it spends it's time on the surface, looking for jellyfish the strange fin may act like a keel.
I think they are toad fishes and hence poisonous so probably safe from most predators.
Jellyfish aren't fast so they don't need speed, though collisions with boats could a problem.

Tank

I recall a TV programme about these fish and it showed one lying on its side letting seagulls walk over it picking off parasitic worms.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.