News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Reasons to be cheerful!

Started by Tank, June 26, 2010, 03:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on March 06, 2017, 06:05:34 PM
^^^
Me too.  :)

Well, today I noticed this on my profile:
Date Registered: March 01, 2010, 10:22:50 PM

I've been here 7 years!  :frolic:
Seven wonderful years, thank you, my sweet, and not so sweet, atheist friends--you too, Ecurb Noselrub:hug:

Congratulations!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on March 07, 2017, 09:27:17 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 06, 2017, 06:05:34 PM
^^^
Me too.  :)

Well, today I noticed this on my profile:
Date Registered: March 01, 2010, 10:22:50 PM

I've been here 7 years!  :frolic:
Seven wonderful years, thank you, my sweet, and not so sweet, atheist friends--you too, Ecurb Noselrub:hug:

Congratulations!!!
Awww...Tank...You were my first atheist friend.  :hug2:
Now you are my not so sweet atheist friend. :shifty:
That's OK.   :sad sigh:
When I came here I was the forum's Happy Hippie Atheist and seven years later, I turned into the forum's Angry Hippie Atheist who needs to smoke cheap weed. :fingertap:

Magdalena

Biggus Dickus

Mags you are such a bloody...

by the way are we friends again?

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on March 08, 2017, 08:51:01 PM

OK. What is that woman doing? I don't know what that means... :notsure:
...But let's talk about it...

Come here, Father Bruno...
Sit down...

The top, first...

Is the woman in the picture teasing her hair?
My hair doesn't need teasing....
Turn left, please...Thank you.

My hair needs to be tamed if you know what I mean...:lol:
Look up, please...Thank you...

Are we friends again?
What do you mean?
I didn't even know we had stopped being friends.  :(

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on March 09, 2017, 05:05:08 AM
Quote from: Father Bruno on March 08, 2017, 08:51:01 PM

Are we friends again?
What do you mean?
I didn't even know we had stopped being friends.  :(

Ye may mind that the Countess's dislike did na gang farther at first than just shewing o' the cauld shouther—at least it wasna seen fartha; but at the lang run it brak out into such downright violence that Miss Neville was even fain to seek refuge at Knockwinnock castle with Sir Arthur's leddy, wha (God sain her) was then wi' the living. 8)

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on March 10, 2017, 02:05:15 PM
Ye may mind that the Countess's dislike did na gang farther at first than just shewing o' the cauld shouther—at least it wasna seen fartha; but at the lang run it brak out into such downright violence that Miss Neville was even fain to seek refuge at Knockwinnock castle with Sir Arthur's leddy, wha (God sain her) was then wi' the living. 8)
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on March 10, 2017, 04:59:25 PM

Sorry Gringa  ;D didn't think you would have a problem with a passage from the "Waverly Novels", by Sir Walter Scott, only like the most popular books in all of Europe for like a century. 8)

Anywho', this passage and this sentence in particular came to my tiny, minuscule mind.

Here it is roughly translated to "Merican".

shewing o' the cauld shouthe = giving someone the cold shoulder

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on March 10, 2017, 06:15:32 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 10, 2017, 04:59:25 PM

Sorry Gringa  ;D didn't think you would have a problem with a passage from the "Waverly Novels", by Sir Walter Scott, only like the most popular books in all of Europe for like a century. 8)

Anywho', this passage and this sentence in particular came to my tiny, minuscule mind.

Here it is roughly translated to "Merican".

shewing o' the cauld shouthe = giving someone the cold shoulder

...I know...
I googled it.

Arturo

I have an appointment to get an apartment AWAY from my Father. So what that means, I will have my own place!!! And it will be much cheaper than living in my Dad's house.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on March 16, 2017, 09:40:50 PM
I have an appointment to get an apartment AWAY from my Father. So what that means, I will have my own place!!! And it will be much cheaper than living in my Dad's house.

Best of luck, Arturo!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74