News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Re: So, what are you watching?

Started by JillSwift, May 25, 2010, 07:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

The IT crowd is back with a new series  :hail:
Best thing since Black Books.

MrsV

Mythbusters is about the only thing I make a point of watching at the minute.

I watched Harry and Paul last night and it was actually not bad - more Fast Showish than the last series. And yeah IT Crowd is good - but i've seen this series so I won't spoil it for you. :secret:

Oh yeah and thanks to my Sky Plus box I'm ususally watching Doctor Who, my 3 year old daughter is obsessed.

Sophus

I am watching the first season of Dexter via Netflix. I've been missing out on a very good show.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "MrsV"Oh yeah and thanks to my Sky Plus box I'm ususally watching Doctor Who, my 3 year old daughter is obsessed.
Does she shout EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! when you make her eat her beans?

MrsV

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"
Quote from: "MrsV"Oh yeah and thanks to my Sky Plus box I'm ususally watching Doctor Who, my 3 year old daughter is obsessed.
Does she shout EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! when you make her eat her beans?

No - she likes her veg :P . But her favourite joke to tell is ' Knock Knock, who's there?, Dalek, Dalek who? EXTERMINATE! Bless her she loves Daleks and Cybermen - not scared at all,

Don't get me wrong me and my husband are both Who fans as well so it's all good.  Infact it was her birthday last week and she got a 2/3 size TARDIS my husband made for her.

Right now though its Peppa Pig thats on..

pinkocommie

Quote from: "Sophus"I am watching the first season of Dexter via Netflix. I've been missing out on a very good show.

Word!
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

Sophus

Quote from: "pinkocommie"
Quote from: "Sophus"I am watching the first season of Dexter via Netflix. I've been missing out on a very good show.

Word!

I've got the DVDs and I'm just watching episodes back to back. It's so addictive.    :blush:
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

The Magic Pudding

I like Dexter, but does anyone wonder about liking a friendly psychopath?
The vigilante hero has been around forever, but this does take it another step.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"I like Dexter, but does anyone wonder about liking a friendly psychopath?
Nope.  He does shit I've only fantasized about and he found a way (well, was given a way by his stepfather) to mitigate the immorality of the whole thing.  I'm a little jealous.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

Sophus

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"I like Dexter, but does anyone wonder about liking a friendly psychopath?
The vigilante hero has been around forever, but this does take it another step.
Just because he butchers criminals and Spiderman throws them on a web?
No, I know what you mean. I think that's the shows intent is to make you feel like you can't tell right from wrong. He may be a psychopath but the way I see it he doesn't do anything wrong. At least not in his adult life.

The Magic Pudding

Should we move the Dexter talk to The Dark Passenger thread?
I think he is doing wrong, but this is overlooked because he is disposing of bad people.
An individual judging and executing evil doers is wrong, even if it is satisfying.
If Dexter was caught and punished that would be right, but hopefully not for a while.

Sophus

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"Should move the Dexter talk to The Dark Passenger thread?
I think he is doing wrong, but this is overlooked because he is disposing of bad people.
An individual judging and executing evil doers is wrong, even if it is satisfying.
If Dexter was caught and punished that would be right, but hopefully not for a while.
Who is more in the wrong? Dexter or Harry for coming up with idea and the "code"?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Sophus"Who is more in the wrong? Dexter or Harry for coming up with idea and the "code"?
Harry may have had experience with killers, but his assumption Dexter would develop an addiction to murder is suspect.
Couldn't he have got him a job at an abattoir?
I was listening to a doco about a guy who was taking part in a program for paedophiles.
He witnessed his father murder his mother in a particularly gruesome manner at the age of nine I think.
The state then sent him off to an institution where he was abused in various awful ways.
Anyway the result for him was he became a "low level" paedophile, who seems to have responded to treatment, not a rampant serial killer.

Australia has received a lot of survivors of African atrocities, the lopping of limbs and slaughter of families.
I don't know what the best practice is for looking after them, I don't think it involves channelling murderous instincts against those deserving of death.

But it is just a TV series/books.

PoopShoot

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"Harry may have had experience with killers, but his assumption Dexter would develop an addiction to murder is suspect.
That, my friend, is like the Eagles in LOTR: it doesn't make sense, but if they did what made sense there'd be no show.

QuoteCouldn't he have got him a job at an abattoir?
Those aren't always easy to get.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "PoopShoot"That, my friend, is like the Eagles in LOTR: it doesn't make sense, but if they did what made sense there'd be no show.
The Eagles make perfect sense, they are an allegorical reference to the USA's late entry into the WW1.

[spoiler:177z49iu]Yes I did just make that up.[/spoiler:177z49iu]