News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Re: So, what are you watching?

Started by JillSwift, May 25, 2010, 07:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KDbeads

We have reading and music... Lets play with the old boob tube now....

Discovery
Dirty Jobs
Mythbusters
How the Universe was Made (Mike Rowe voice over)
Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking
Deadliest Catch
Swamp Loggers

History
Axe Men
The Universe
Ancient Aliens (seriously having a blast watching this and arguing with a few of their more far flung points)
Hubby likes Pawn Stars and American Pickers, can take 'em or leave 'em, doesn't matter to me.

Really want to see Through the wormhole with Morgan Freeman BUT.... I don't get the Science channel  :mad:

If MASH is on, I probably have the TV on, love that show.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

JillSwift

Via "alternate means", so I don't always know the networks:

Discovery
  •    Mythbusters
  •    Nature-Tech
  •    Various docu-specials

BBC
  •    Horizons
  •    Various docu-specials
  •    Doctor Who

National Geographic stuff

Junk-food TV
  •    All the CSIs (Nice and silly!)
  •    All the Law & Orders (More dramma, plenty of silly)
  •    NCIS/NCIS LA (I want to be Ziva when I grow up.)
  •    Bones (ibid & Emily Deschanel)
  •    COPS (I call it my "twenty minutes of stupid" :D )
  •    Fringe (Only because of Anna Torv) (Ok, not only, I love cheesy sci-fi)
  •    Nurse Jackie
[size=50]Teleology]

KDbeads

I really should add Nova to my list up there.....
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Davin

I'm currently watching Sliders over again on Hulu then NetFlix for the last seasons, I used to love that show.

Well not currently right now, but like an episode or two at night when I'm programming.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tom62

I just wasted my time on watching the semi-finals of the Eurovision Song Contest.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

curiosityandthecat

Every day I watch The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. He feels like family to me.

I'm also going through all of That Mitchell and Webb Look.  lol
-Curio

skwurll

Pretty much anything I can stream to my xbox on my famiy's netflix account. It's a pretty sweet deal if you get the unlimited streaming movies.

Invader Zim (Best cartoon ever)
District 9
Gran Torino
7 pounds
Whole bunch of other movies. (And cartoons, I like cartoons.)

Sophus

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Every day I watch The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. He feels like family to me.
Conan O'Brien is my Craig Ferguson.  :devil:
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

Cecilie

A lot of crime shows like
CSI
Bones
Special Victims Unit
And I am currently addicted to Fringe.
I also watch some Norwegian comedy shows.
The world's what you create.

karadan

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"Every day I watch The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. He feels like family to me.

I'm also going through all of That Mitchell and Webb Look.  :D  Love that show.

I'm not really watching TV, rather, i'm downloading anything worth watching because i'm violently opposed to adverts. I may, however, watch some of the upcoming World Cup on the BBC because the BBC rules (i usually use Iplayer for my BBC fix).

Oh, and there is a big hole in my life where Lost used to be. :(
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Sophus"Conan O'Brien is my Craig Ferguson. :devil:
I dunno, I've always felt that Craig is a bit more intellectual than the others. He reminds me a lot of what Mike Meyers said: “There is no high humor or low humor. There is only funny.” Ferguson will discuss the philosophical and political leanings of Gustav Flaubert and then make a dick joke. I love it.  :D  Love that show.[/quote]

[youtube:1o1ukw5h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QACSo5xk3dE[/youtube:1o1ukw5h]

:headbang: Duhnnuhduhnduhduh duhnnuhduhnduhduh...
-Curio

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sophus

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"I dunno, I've always felt that Craig is a bit more intellectual than the others.
B-b-but... CoCo's a Harvard grad. :confused:
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

quizlixx

Weeds and The Boondocks. In my opinion, the two best shows on television right now.
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "Sophus"
Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"I dunno, I've always felt that Craig is a bit more intellectual than the others.
B-b-but... CoCo's a Harvard grad. ;)
-Curio