News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

$5 to Read the Bible for 30 Minutes

Started by curiosityandthecat, March 18, 2010, 12:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

curiosityandthecat

-Curio

skwurll

I'm not old enough to move out yet. (I'm 15) My parents are heavily christian and don't know I'm atheist. They make me go to church every sunday for 2 hours. :brick:
The only reason I haven't told them I don't believe in their god is because they would most likely kick me out of the house. I'm waiting until I can support myself before I tell them anything.
 So of course I'd listen to a sermon for $5, I stopped paying attention when I was eight.

Ihateyoumike

Hell yeah I would. Then I'd take the five bucks and donate it to Whitney.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

elliebean

Hell, I'd read all day every day for $5 an hour. Sermons would be harder to sit through, but I made it through 2-3 a week at least an hour and a half to two hours long for 15 years.... for nothing! I'd find a way to get through it; maybe take notes and blog about it, that would be fun. ;)
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

LoneMateria

Quote from: "elliebean"Hell, I'd read all day every day for $5 an hour. Sermons would be harder to sit through, but I made it through 2-3 a week at least an hour and a half to two hours long for 15 years.... for nothing! I'd find a way to get through it; maybe take notes and blog about it, that would be fun. :P
Quote from: "Richard Lederer"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages
Quote from: "Demosthenes"A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true.
Quote from: "Oscar Wilde"Truth, in matters of religion, is simpl

Whitney

I voted that my time is worth more than that.  I'd do it for like 25 an hour; my rates increase by a factor of how much I don't want to do something :P

ClicheGuevara

Why not? I love a good story and there's nothing more fire and brimstone then the old testament!

Tom62

My hourly (inter-company) rate is 65 Euro, so for that half hour Bible reading I'll have to charge approx. $45.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

kelltrill

The Bible's an interesting read. So yea, five bucks is five bucks. Although if I look at it from a Rand perspective and not a Dollar one I would definitely have to increase my rate a bit, otherwise I can't even get a cooldrink.
"Faith is generally nothing more than the permission religious people give to one another to believe things strongly without evidence."

joeactor

Quote from: "skwurll"I'm not old enough to move out yet. (I'm 15) My parents are heavily christian and don't know I'm atheist. They make me go to church every sunday for 2 hours. :brick:
The only reason I haven't told them I don't believe in their god is because they would most likely kick me out of the house. I'm waiting until I can support myself before I tell them anything.
 So of course I'd listen to a sermon for $5, I stopped paying attention when I was eight.

Man, that sucks... Hang in there...

So, $5 for 30 minutes?
Nope.

Maybe $500 (plus studio time).
Talk to my agent,
JoeActor

elliebean

The way I look at it, I wasn't going to make that five dollars in that 30 minutes anyway, so why not? I'm not that busy and it's better than minimum wage.:P
[size=150]â€"Ellie [/size]
You can’t lie to yourself. If you do you’ve only fooled a deluded person and where’s the victory in that?â€"Ricky Gervais

G-Roll

ill read just about anything for $1. do i get 5 bucks per every 30 minutes? alas.... only in a dream world would i be paid to read fiction.
Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)

curiosityandthecat

Quote from: "G-Roll"ill read just about anything for $1. do i get 5 bucks per every 30 minutes? alas.... only in a dream world would i be paid to read fiction.
Fiverr.com. Offer to read fiction for X minutes for $5 and write a synopsis. Voila, your dream comes true. :cool:
-Curio

Tanker

Quote from: "G-Roll"ill read just about anything for $1. do i get 5 bucks per every 30 minutes? alas.... only in a dream world would i be paid to read fiction.

Well you would be getting paid to read  fiction.
"I'd rather die the go to heaven" - William Murderface Murderface  Murderface-

I've been in fox holes, I'm still an atheist -Me-

God is a cake, and we all know what the cake is.

(my spelling, grammer, and punctuation suck, I know, but regardless of how much I read they haven't improved much since grade school. It's actually a bit of a family joke.

G-Roll

Quote from: "Tanker"

Well you would be getting paid to read  fiction.
exactly what i said.

Quote from: "curiosityandthecat"
Fiverr.com. Offer to read fiction for X minutes for $5 and write a synopsis. Voila, your dream comes true. :cool:
no way!? that sounds to good to be true... hmm. i sound like a cheesy tv commercial.
Quote from: "Moslem"
Allah (that mean God)