News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

2012 Is An Atheistic Propaganda Film

Started by pj084527, December 16, 2009, 10:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumpalumpacus

QuoteI think you should have stopped right after you wrote the word "Classic". You must understand that what this movie portrays is not official propaganda authorized by the Office of Atheist Intelligence. (And as far as an Office of Atheist Intelligence, there isn't one, it doesn't exist, THAT WAS A JOKE.)

I think you may have violated security procedures with this post.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

xSilverPhinx

Equating movies with Rorschach pictures here: what I "saw" while watching it  was the downfall of religion in the world, with it being put in its proper place in this new millenia. I especially felt all giddy when they used B.C.E instead of B.C in the movie. Not atheistic propaganda, but atheistic expression.

But I could have gotten it all wrong. The director could be trying to tell us that it was the Mayans that had it right all along, and that the world will end because their gods are just as petty and jealous as any other power-hungry human being trying to enslave minds. Oh, well.

Seriously now, the original post is stupid.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Cecilie

Quote from: "xSilverPhinx"Equating movies with Rorschach pictures here: what I "saw" while watching it  was the downfall of religion in the world, with it being put in its proper place in this new millenia. I especially felt all giddy when they used B.C.E instead of B.C in the movie. Not atheistic propaganda, but atheistic expression.

But I could have gotten it all wrong. The director could be trying to tell us that it was the Mayans that had it right all along, and that the world will end because their gods are just as petty and jealous as any other power-hungry human being trying to enslave minds. Oh, well.

I love how you managed to drag Watchmen into this.  :D
The world's what you create.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: "Cecilie"
Quote from: "xSilverPhinx"Equating movies with Rorschach pictures here: what I "saw" while watching it  was the downfall of religion in the world, with it being put in its proper place in this new millenia. I especially felt all giddy when they used B.C.E instead of B.C in the movie. Not atheistic propaganda, but atheistic expression.

I love how you managed to drag Watchmen into this.  :cool:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Cecilie

Quote from: "xSilverPhinx"
Quote from: "Cecilie"

I love how you managed to drag Watchmen into this.  :cool:
Totally.  :yay:
The world's what you create.

Rastelin

Quote from: "pj084527"Some scenes showed Moslems and Catholics praying fervently before God for deliverance but to no avail.
He should ask him self why it is in the real world, 26 000 children that dies of hunger alone EVERY DAY who prays for salvation, but to no avail?

He would rather be upset about this in a bloody movie. The narrow mindedness is staggering.
A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
-- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

RappingAgnostic

Real question here is: What are you doing watching 2012?
http://www.youtube.com/capothemc
http://www.soundclick.com/caporevolutionarymc
http://www.myspace.com/rappingagnostic

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings to

karadan

Quote from: "RappingAgnostic"Real question here is: What are you doing watching 2012?

Getting acting lessons from John Cusack?
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Tank

Quote from: "RappingAgnostic"Real question here is: What are you doing watching 2012?
I watched 2012 at the cinema on a Tuesday afternoon with my eldest daughter because there was nothing better to do. It  did benefit from being seen on the big screen.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ellainix

Doing what most teenagers do during bad movies.
Quote from: "Ivan Tudor C McHock"If your faith in god is due to your need to explain the origin of the universe, and you do not apply this same logic to the origin of god, then you are an idiot.

TheJackel

I can outline this example to a religious bias:

The new TV series "V" (the remake) is subliminal religious programming. It represents the war on science to where religion views science as an invader to destroy their way of life or ideology. Here the Visitor is painted as the devil or the serpent offering forbidden knowledge in attempt to destroy mankind. They try to paint the visitors as a religious entity or cult over their own. The devils work as you can say.. They make the visitors appear cold and calculated without emotion, feeling, heart, or soul as if they are the complete opposite of life, and as if this is what science will do to all humanity.. They portray the government as pandering to their will similar to how christian's are now trying to label our government to pandering to secular idealism when they feel the government was supposed to be a "Christian Nation" or founded on Christianity vs Deism.. Thus, they are waging a holy war on our government, and on science to where they actually plan to take both of them and indoctrinate them into the Christian religious ideology.. To install a Theocracy, or religious police state.. Here both leaders of the movement represent the Authority and force to impose their law or religious ideology upon the masses... And they used the defectors of the Visitors as examples of redemption, salvation, and submission to the ideology to give comfort to those they threaten war with.. Hence, join us or die.. :brick:

Tank

Quote from: "Ellainix"

What, throw popcorn around, fart loudly and giggle?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

karadan

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "Ellainix"

Nope.

They fondle each other's wobbly bits.
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

Tank

Quote from: "karadan"
Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "Ellainix"Doing what most teenagers do during bad movies.

Nope.

They fondle each other's wobbly bits.
Damn, I should have known I was doing something wrong when I took a girlfriend to see a war film and she asked 'Aren't you going to pay me any attention!?'

TheJackel

QuoteDamn, I should have known I was doing something wrong when I took a girlfriend to see a war film and she asked 'Aren't you going to pay me any attention!?'

NO NO NO NO! YOU SHOOT HER IN THE FACE WHILE WATCHING A WAR FILM! :firefox: