News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Fun with Twinky O'Golly

Started by Miss Anthrope, November 19, 2009, 05:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Anthrope

Hey everybody! (Be honest, how many people here automatically thought "Hey Doctor Nick!"? Obviously I did.)

I kind of hate to come in here "plugging" something after not being around for a while (I've been extremely busy and also dealing with a death in the family, and just in general I haven't had the mental energy for excessive thinking/discussion), but I've started up a blog to compliment an upcoming mock-news cartoon series I'll be debuting via YouTube and wanted to share it.

http://twinkyogolly.blogspot.com/

Only one post so far, it's parodying the whole "Obama bowing" debacle. Still needs some editing.

In general I'll be mocking extreme right-wing sensibilities, though liberal sensibilities will also be targeted from time to time.

Any feedback is welcomed and appreciated  :)
How big is the smallest fish in the pond? You catch one hundred fishes, all
of which are greater than six inches. Does this evidence support the hypothesis
that no fish in the pond is much less than six inches long? Not if your
net can’t catch smaller fish. -Nick Bostrom

Ninteen45

Now I can be re-gognizod!

AlP

I liked that. The poll is a nice touch. Have you considered writing for The Onion? =)
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus

Miss Anthrope

Thanks guys, glad you liked it! And yeah, the Onion was a big influence, I would love to be an Onio "reporter".

New post up, the topic is Atheism. This one doesn't actually make fun of anybody, it's just some absurdist humor and ironic (I know you guys will get the joke).
How big is the smallest fish in the pond? You catch one hundred fishes, all
of which are greater than six inches. Does this evidence support the hypothesis
that no fish in the pond is much less than six inches long? Not if your
net can’t catch smaller fish. -Nick Bostrom