News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Offensive

Started by TheOGMamaBear, September 22, 2009, 08:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheOGMamaBear

To tickle the atheist and humor side of my brain, I mark religious facebook ads and "pieces of flair" ads "offensive."

I love it. I giggle every time.

What do you do to tickle your funny bone or encourage your world view? Are they one in the same?
"The gods offer no rewards for intellect. There was never one yet that showed any interest in it."

Don't we all love Mark Twain?

Will

My little brother and I enjoy targeting creationist billboards for paint balling. Illegal and infantile? Absolutely, but it's so much fun. Civil disobedience in the face of stunning intellectual dishonesty tickles the atheist part of my brain.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

MariaEvri

Quote from: "TheOGMamaBear"To tickle the atheist and humor side of my brain, I mark religious facebook ads and "pieces of flair" and offensive.

What do you do to tickle your funny bone or encourage your world view? Are they one in the same?

interesting. Never thought of doing that :P
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Fallen Jedii

What do I do to tickle the atheist side of my brain?

Simple, I listen to my religion teacher speak.

TheOGMamaBear

Quote from: "Will"My little brother and I enjoy targeting creationist billboards for paint balling. Illegal and infantile? Absolutely, but it's so much fun. Civil disobedience in the face of stunning intellectual dishonesty tickles the atheist part of my brain.

That sounds endlessly entertaining. Well, I should not say ENDLESS....if you get arrested...I guess that ends it. haha. Still fun.
"The gods offer no rewards for intellect. There was never one yet that showed any interest in it."

TheOGMamaBear

Quote from: "MariaEvri"
Quote from: "TheOGMamaBear"To tickle the atheist and humor side of my brain, I mark religious facebook ads and "pieces of flair" and offensive.

interesting. Never thought of doing that :P

It's such a simple pleasure. Like popping bubble wrap.

karadan

Quote from: "Will"My little brother and I enjoy targeting creationist billboards for paint balling. Illegal and infantile? Absolutely, but it's so much fun. Civil disobedience in the face of stunning intellectual dishonesty tickles the atheist part of my brain.

That's hilarious!  :cool:
QuoteI find it mistifying that in this age of information, some people still deny the scientific history of our existence.

SSY

Quote from: "Godschild"SSY: You are fairly smart and to think I thought you were a few fries short of a happy meal.
Quote from: "Godschild"explain to them how and why you decided to be athiest and take the consequences that come along with it
Quote from: "Aedus"Unlike atheists, I'm not an angry prick

quizlixx

[/quote]
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
:D
"The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is."

TheOGMamaBear

Those pictures crack me up.

disposablechild

I like the story of the guy that got drunk and went to all the local book stores putting the bibles into the fiction section.

TheOGMamaBear

Quote from: "disposablechild"I like the story of the guy that got drunk and went to all the local book stores putting the bibles into the fiction section.
That's hilarious.

My brother works at a hospital and steals bibles from waiting rooms.

It's pretty terrible...but still hilarious.

Renegnicat

There's a religious group on campus. I would laugh, but it tears myself up inside to see them all perched on the front grass, hanging on to every word of the fuhrer in their group. I would like to storm a meeting and cause a disturbance. But that's not going to happen. It would simply create more bad press for atheists.  :brick:
[size=135]The best thing to do is reflect, understand, apreciate, and consider.[/size]

nikkmichalski

Quote from: "disposablechild"I like the story of the guy that got drunk and went to all the local book stores putting the bibles into the fiction section.

Funny...I do that sober. And I like taking Gideons' Bibles from Hotels.

"Rocky Racoon, went into his room, only to find an unusual absence of Gideon's Bible."
Ford: "It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
Arthur: "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
Ford: "You ask a glass of water." -- Douglas Adams, H2G2
"'Why is it you never mentioned any of this before the plane crash?'...'I didn't think the time was ripe.' " [emphasis delightfully Vonnegut's] -- Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-5