News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

....I hate billboards

Started by AprilRose, August 11, 2009, 07:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AprilRose

Holy Hoax, Batman.
Tue, 06/02/2009 - 20:44 â€" ricky

"I don't think the billboard is for real. If it is, it is not in Texas or not recent. Follow the links for yourself. The group is headed by an Australian who came to California and is now in Kentucky.

The video is on the group AiG's website, and was produced in 2006.

The billboard bears the name Keller. There is no such company listed in Texas. There is a Duke-Keller Outdoor Advertising in Boerne, Texas, but they sold their billboards in San Antonio in 1996."

Someone posted this comment..I don't know if it is real...

http://www.dangeroustalk.net/billboard-wars.html

jrosebud

If only it were a fake.  I saw that billboard on a roadtrip from Austin to Kansas along I-35.  It could have been in Oklahoma, but I remember it plain as day.   :shake:
"Every post you can hitch your faith on
Is a pie in the sky,
Chock full of lies,
A tool we devise
To make sinking stones fly."

~from A Comet Apears by The Shins

Whitney

Sadly, that billboard is real...answers in genesis had it on their website at one point.  However, there is a hoax version of that billboard floating around the internet that says something about muslim kids or something like that; only slightly more shocking.

skurry

Talk about offensive! The atheists billboards don't say that if you worship god you will blow yourself up, but this one essentially says an atheist will kill you?! DirtBags.

shanster

Atheists should make a billboard with a guy in a prison uniform with the sign saying "This guy raped 27 girls, now he believes in God. What do you believe in? "
But alas, us atheists are a little more logical and reasonable and don't have to resort to petty misleading ads and misconstrued prejudices when making a point.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Sheeplauncher

so very clean atheist billboards get taken down but this stays up? yay for the system!

Sophus

Do they not receive any irate letters? It seems to me there would even be some Christians at least mildly disgusted by this as well.

How do I contact these people?
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver