Since I've been outed here
), I'll carry on with my plan and request further ideas for user ranks. Not sure regarding how high the possible limit on post count based ranks is; some further experimentation regarding that will be necessary. For instance, I tried to set "Guardian of Reason" at 25,000 posts, because that was a rank that Tank had requested years ago
, and it didn't seem to work. I'll try it again, though, and maybe get it to stick, in which case we might end up with only one guardian of reason.
Some shuffling of the rank designations may take place, depending on the selection of titles that are suggested, and of course there's no guarantee that all titles offered will be used (I rejected at least one of my own earlier suggestions as not worthy, for instance). Though some of the fun is trying to figure out what the particularly gnomic ranks signify, I will also be willing to try to explain any that seem especially mysterious and/or vexing.
Above you will see that the not commonly lamented former member "AnimatedDirt" came up with a couple of more or less derogatory ranks "for the minority at HAF."
He had such a way about him, did AD.
Not interested in stuff like that--more in things you wouldn't mind having associated with your posts, perhaps for 500 or 1,000 of them. In other words, try to come up with the good shit, my fellow HAFians.
Although I deviously carried out the revival of HAF ranks without telling anybody, I did consult with Tank
once it had been done, asking for any thoughts in re
revision or addition. Same applies here for the membership in general, including advocacy for reviving any of the old ranks that got dropped.
Or, we could leave it as it is, for now.
Below is the list as it currently stands:Lurking
- 0Padawan Learner
- 1Beginning to See the Wedge
- 10Made of Star Stuff
- 51Has Received Bacon
- 101Doesn't Believe in Mother Goose
- 151Was God's Anointed But Took a Shower
- 201The Believer That Wasn't There
- 251Not Sure About That Kool-Aid
- 301Knows What LætusAtheos Means
- 351Out of the Religious Closet
- 401A Frood Who Really Knows Where Their Towel Is
- 451Rides the Sonic Rain Boom
- 501Can Define Jihad
-551Has Actually Read the Bible!
-601Despises Pat Robertson
- 651Evil Inside
- 666Not Afraid of the Exorcist
- 667Immune to Question Begging
- 701Corbu is My Homeboy
- 751Free of Childhood Neuroses
- 801Happily Surviving the End Times Since 365
- 851Fought Curlett With Schempp and Won!
- 901Has Given Up Counting Angels On Pinheads
- 951Living a Thoughtcrime
- 1001Sprach mit Zarathustra
- 1051Yields Not to Kalamity
- 1101Pretty Sure the Black Cat Isn't in the Dark Room
- 1151Buddies With Uncle Bert
- 1201Taking the Road Less Travelled
- 1251Kickin' Back With d'Holbach
- 1301Doesn't Believe the Universe Was Made for Them
- 1351Thou Art God
- 1401Knows Who'd Win a Fight Between Superman and Batman
- 1451Not Defeated by the Dark Night of the Soul
- 1500Touched by His Noodly Appendage!
- 2000Has an Invisible Dragon in Their Garage
- 3000Blessing Her Holy Hooves
- 4000Guardian of Reason
- 5000Luxembourg Trembles!
- 13,000Excellent and Indefatigable Guardian of Reason