News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What is what is?

Started by AlP, March 21, 2009, 06:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlP

Quote from: "Sophus"Hmmm... there are probably links out there but I read it in a book: The Dancing Wu Li Master (AKA The Bible of New Physics). You can try Googling "Dancing Wu Li Masters summary" or something though if you don't have the time to read the book. Of course some of the results you turn up may just be fundamentalists bashing the author.

Found it. Interesting.

Quote from: "Wikipedia"The Dancing Wu Li Masters
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Dancing Wu Li Masters: An Overview of the New Physics  
Author    Gary Zukav
Country    United States
Language    English
Publisher    William Morrow
Publication date    March 1979
Media type    print (book)
Pages    352
ISBN    0-688-03402-0

The Dancing Wu Li Masters by Gary Zukav is a popular new age book from 1979 about mysticist interpretations of quantum physics.

The phrase Wu Li in the title refers to one possible Chinese translation of the word "physics", as translated by the Tai Chi teacher Al Huang, emphasizing alleged philosophical commonality between western science and eastern mysticism. The chapters of the book are each titled with other alternative translations of Wu Li, such as "Nonsense" and "I Clutch My Principles".

The author participated in a physics conference of eastern and western scientists at Esalen Institute, California, in 1976 and used the occasion as material for his book. The physicist Jack Sarfatti contributed greatly to the content of the book, as well as the Tai Chi teacher and author Al Huang.

I'm on the threshold of ordering one of Richard Feynman's popular science books. One of my friends recommended QED (Quantum Electrodynamics).
"I rebel -- therefore we exist." - Camus