News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Hello from Atheist filmmaker

Started by AtheistFlix, March 19, 2009, 05:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtheistFlix

Hey, everyone. I recently launched Atheist Flix.com Please check it out. We are in development right now on a bunch of documentaries and feature films for and about Atheists. We are especially interested in one about the Atheist Bus and other Atheist campaigns, and conducting interviews with Atheists and religious lunatics about them. If anyone has any ideas for film and TV and Video projects, please let us know.

curiosityandthecat

I had an idea about Space Ghost as a kid who fought crimes but was also a pirate, but I don't think that's what you're looking for.

Welcome.  :lol:
-Curio

Will

Documentaries are a good direction to go for now. You may want to highlight important atheists in world history, so people can develop an understanding that atheists have always been here and sometimes we helped to move humanity forward.

Still, fiction might be an interesting direction to go, too. On the front page of Reddit the other day was a complaint about atheists in modern fiction being atheist not because they're free thinkers but because of some traumatic event leading to them blaming god. Which is silly. An atheist would no sooner be mad at god as he or she might be bad at Mithros. A fictional story involving an accurate depiction of an atheist or atheists could balance out the less realistic atheists in the mainstream.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Kylyssa

Quote from: "Will"A fictional story involving an accurate depiction of an atheist or atheists could balance out the less realistic atheists in the mainstream.
Oooh, great idea!  I may have to run with this one.

Whitney

Hi, welcome to the forum.  A site for atheist films is a great idea.  I will have to check it out later when I have time.

SteveS

SallyMutant

Welcome!
I have cheepo dial up, so I don't view films and video.
 :hail:
There's nothing wrong with ambivalence--is there?