News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Monticello

Started by VanReal, January 27, 2009, 07:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanReal

I don't know if any of you have ever been to Monticello.  It's absolutely beautiful and so well manitained you would think you've gone back in time when up there.  I of course grew up in C'ville, so think I have been there a dozen times at least. (Great spot anytime the rellies visit).

My mom volunteers there using her green thumb to help maintain some of the distant greenery.  I spoke to her this afternoon and she mentioned they may have to close it for some time to work on extended upkeep since funding isn't what it used to be.  I guess the economy is affecting its supporters  :(  Hope things get snapped back before Spring 2010, I'd like to visit for my son's senior Spring Break.
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)

curiosityandthecat

Went there once when I was a kid. I'd like to go again, as I don't really remember much about it, aside from it being quite tranquil and beautiful.
-Curio

VanReal

My favorite thing used to be how the beds are built into the walls.  I used to want one of those.  It was funny because they are really short and of course TJ was not.  I'd like to go through as an adult where I can appreciate the architecture .  And I'm going to get me one of those wall beds:)
In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular. (Kathy Norris)
They say I have ADHD but I think they are full of...oh, look a kitty!! (unknown)