News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

If You Can't Explain the Origin of Life...

Started by Kylyssa, January 12, 2009, 11:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylyssa

If You Can't Explain the Origin of Life Then Why Don't You Just Believe in God?

A question thrown out often in debate between Christians and atheists is "If you can't explain the origin of the universe and the origin of life then why don't you just believe in God?" It is often followed up with, "Doesn't it make more sense to believe in God because all those questions are answered in the Bible. All science has is theories but the Bible has the Truth."

I have answered this question so frequently that I decided to write an article about why the lack of complete, exact and perfect explanations of the origin of life and the universe do not make it seem logical for me to just believe in God instead of seeking the real answers.  You can read it here.

gwyn428

This is a very good article.  :)

I find this argument of theirs to be similar to Pascal's Wager when it comes to its folly. If one cannot explain the origin of life, well, why not believe in Krishna or be a Deist? Christianity and its god are not the only options. After all, devotees of Krishna do assert that they have the absolute truth and Deists seem so sure about the origin of life.