News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

My Basic Political Philosophy

Started by AnnaM, December 27, 2008, 01:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowmore

Quote from: "AnnaM"Nonsense, I do not recognize any 'authority' of the state, all 'authority' is a delusion in the mind, no specter of 'lawfulness' or 'patriotism' or 'good citizenship' haunt my thoughts.  The State has power, and I must apprehend with this power, but I do not recognize it as 'sovereign' thereby any more than the moon is 'sovereign' because I can not get at it.  And anyone who is not blind will see that he can (and does) ignore and spite the State quite frequently, let us not forget that the largest 'tax revolt' in human history occurs from simple passive resistance on the part of those who the State demands revenue from.

Although you do not recognize it's authority, it does have a real impact on your life. You may try to ignore and spite it, when it's not 'watching', but you'll have to face to consequences when it finds you out. The freedom of mind, which the state cannot get to (I acknowledge that) seems to be of little practical use, when the state in a very real and practical sense restricts that freedom.

A question : do you have any form of state issued identification?
"Rational arguments don’t usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people."

House M.D.

Wechtlein Uns

I'm sorry, but you're off your rocker. If nobody recognized any authority but their own, we would have died out as a species long ago. Let me guess: you think that's perfectly ok. Yeah, right. I'm pretty sure you want to live, by decree of your own bastardized authority.

Of course, your really don't have any sovereign authority over yourself. Everything you do is predicated by society. You probably have a job, right? You work for your money? You buy things instead of just taking them? You probably have a boss in this job, right?

I swear to god, your philosophy is simple megalomania. And You really don't have any power to enforce it anyway.
"What I mean when I use the term "god" represents nothing more than an interactionist view of the universe, a particularite view of time, and an ever expansive view of myself." -- Jose Luis Nunez.

bowmore

Quote from: "Wechtlein Uns"And You really don't have any power to enforce it anyway.

Well not without violating the philosophy itself  :D
"Rational arguments don’t usually work on religious people. Otherwise there would be no religious people."

House M.D.

Wraitchel

Quote from: "Wechtlein Uns"I'm sorry, but you're off your rocker. If nobody recognized any authority but their own, we would have died out as a species long ago. Let me guess: you think that's perfectly ok. Yeah, right. I'm pretty sure you want to live, by decree of your own bastardized authority.

Of course, your really don't have any sovereign authority over yourself. Everything you do is predicated by society. You probably have a job, right? You work for your money? You buy things instead of just taking them? You probably have a boss in this job, right?

I swear to god, your philosophy is simple megalomania. And You really don't have any power to enforce it anyway.

I'm with Wechtlein dude on this. Anarchy is a pretty little ideal, but an absolutely destructive reality. People ARE greedy and self-serving and power-hungry. Anarchy cannot stand because someone will always find a way to exert power over others whether they "submit to his authority" or not. Most people are also happy to trade a bit of personal liberty for highways, libraries, schools, hospitals, military protection....

AnnaM

Although your characterizations are often absurd and contrary to anthropology as well as economics, I'll be brief: ideology and authority are literally false, one can not 'benefit' from them, any who recognize them are basically confused and delusional.
"Liberty and equality are in essence contradictory." - Erik von Kuehnelt-Leddihn