News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

My Best Friend's Girlfriend....

Started by NaturaLCalamity, November 04, 2008, 10:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturaLCalamity

Hello to everyone here. I've been reading many threads on this forums whenever I'm in class or bored at home, as it has given me something to do. Now a little about me first before my little "rant" if you will. I just turned 20, Oct 24th, I'm junior at Cal State Long Beach, and love it! I was raised up in a Buddhist family, but I never considered myself as an buddhist or any other religion. Growing up, I've heard many stories from the bible, not because I wanted to convert, but because I wanted to be open minded about different religions and I found the bible to be a really fascinating book. I started going to church with my friend and didn't like it all. For a long story short, I stopped going, and from now since the day I was born, I am still an atheist. Now my best friend, Billy, recently hooked up with a girl named Sarah and she's really cool and all, but really closed minded and ignorant sometimes, and that is something I really can't stand. She's really "holy" and religious, she's even been to private schools I think all her life. One time, my friends and I were just chilling at my house, and I asked my friends, "why are flamingos pink?" The answer is from the food they digest, mainly shrimp, that gives them their pinkish-sometimes orangish pigment. Sarah said that we were all wrong and that god made them pink. I let that slide, as I did not want to argue with her. Another time, I had a Biology class and we had to watch a really interesting video on evolution. The video had a "theory" that dolphins somehow had a evolutionary chain with wolfs/dogs thousands of years ago because unlike fishes, which swims side to side, dolphins swim up and down just like how a dog runs. When I told her it was a theory, she was super angry and said that the video "makers" were dumb and should be sued!!! I was like Woah! Calm down it's just a theory! She's also really against gay marriage and decided to vote YES for prop 8, obviously. I respect that, but then she started going on and on to all my friends that "traditional" marriage is the "human" way, which I still don't get, and that I should vote Yes on prop 8, but I won't! There's many more examples, but all her non sense just builds up and I really can't stand her. I mean, if I take out the religious aspect out of her personality, she's really cool. And she's also my best friend's girlfriend, who is Buddhist, and they've already starting having sex, which got me irratated.

I know that was a long paragraph, so sorry to everyone. Anyways, any advice or inputs on her?
"Put your hands to the constellations, the way you look should be a sin, you're my sinsation...
I know I'm preachin' to the congregation, we love Jesus but you'd learned a lot from Satan!
May the Lord forgive us, May the Gods be with us
In that magic hour, I've seen good christians, make rash decisions
Oh she do it, what happened to Religion? Oh sh

Tom62

Hello NaturalCalamity, welcome to the forum. What amazes me from your story is that the girlfriend of your best friend is having sex with him, even though they are not married. According to Christianity, having sex without being married is a sin.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Whitney

Hi NaturalCalamity, welcome to the forum.  I think the only advice that will not upset your friendship with your best friend is to put up with his religiously crazy girlfriend.  Maybe once she gets to know you better she will be more willing to listen to what you have to say, but for now it's probably not worth the trouble it would cause.  You could try talking to your best friend about it (choose your words wisely)...maybe he doesn't see the crazy due to all those nice hormones that rush through our bodies when we are first dating someone.

Kyuuketsuki

Hi NC,

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds to me like this is a classic case of cutting straight to the abuse, the only issue being whether your friend would get upset (in which case you have to confine your rants to laces like here).  

Kyu
James C. Rocks: UK Tech Portal & Science, Just Science

[size=150]Not Long For This Forum [/size]