News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

The design thread

Started by Dave, April 09, 2018, 05:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

With respects to Hermes and you other design geeks (me too!)

https://youtu.be/TCzJDk4ff6g

Why some things appear twice I do not know.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

As you can imagine, this is right up my alley. I love those expanding tables. I've been playing with ideas for a console table that expands to seat 6 or more diners.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 09, 2018, 05:45:30 PM
As you can imagine, this is right up my alley. I love those expanding tables. I've been playing with ideas for a console table that expands to seat 6 or more diners.
I have a dropleaf table with four folding chairs inside. Well, only three actually, I broke one. But the small fold TV meal type table fits in there as well.

Essential in a one room apartment! It was a bit of luck over 20 years ago, I saw it priced at £70 and decided on the spot. Two weeks later, in the same shop, it was priced at twice that. At the moment it is serving as my electronics work bench. I hate wasted volume, I know there is usable storage space under the seat of my sofa but cannot untilise it!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on April 09, 2018, 06:25:39 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on April 09, 2018, 05:45:30 PM
I have a dropleaf table with four folding chairs inside. Well, only three actually, I broke one. But the small fold TV meal type table fits in there as well.

Essential in a one room apartment! It was a bit of luck over 20 years ago, I saw it priced at £70 and decided on the spot. Two weeks later, in the same shop, it was priced at twice that. At the moment it is serving as my electronics work bench. I hate wasted volume, I know there is usable storage space under the seat of my sofa but cannot untilise it!

I also had some good luck in Beirut when I got my Saarinen dining table for about 20% of the normal price because of the unstable situation there. I will post a photo of it with the story in the Objects of Desire thread. It is only 1200mm in diameter, so only seats a maximum of six people.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames