News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Do you know your MBTI type?

Started by Rift Zone, March 07, 2018, 01:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

I got: ISTJ - The Duty Fulfiller
"Serious and quiet, interested in security and peaceful living. Extremely thorough, responsible, and dependable. Well-developed powers of concentration. Usually interested in supporting and promoting traditions and establishments. Well-organized and hard working, they work steadily towards identified goals. They can usually accomplish any task once they have set their mind to it."

I agree with everything but the traditions and establishments thing.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Davin

My type depends on the day. I've taken many different quizzes for them over the years and have gotten many different types. I think that people are complicated creatures that flow in and out of social situations using the tools that they have developed throughout their lives to do so. There are some external as well as internal pressures that change how a person behaves.

So I don't really find these personality types to be very useful for either myself, evaluating others, or even when writing characters. Especially not the last because fictional characters that follow a personality types like that tend to feel 2-dimensional and boring, because even if most people can't express their understanding of personality, they can instinctively tell that people don't fit into 16 different types.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bluenose

Every time I've taken one of these tests, including by an accredited tester, I have been given ENTP, variously described as the debater or the inventor.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Dave

Quote from: Davin on March 12, 2018, 05:04:10 PM
My type depends on the day. I've taken many different quizzes for them over the years and have gotten many different types. I think that people are complicated creatures that flow in and out of social situations using the tools that they have developed throughout their lives to do so. There are some external as well as internal pressures that change how a person behaves.

So I don't really find these personality types to be very useful for either myself, evaluating others, or even when writing characters. Especially not the last because fictional characters that follow a personality types like that tend to feel 2-dimensional and boring, because even if most people can't express their understanding of personality, they can instinctively tell that people don't fit into 16 different types.

I thought we had been through this before:

http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=14272.45

two years ago.

There, Davin, you got:

Quote"The Logistician" (ISTJ-A)

32% Extraverted 68% Introverted
42% Intuitive 58% Observant
61% Thinking 39% Feeling
71% Judging 29% Prospecting
91% Assertive 9% Turbulant

I don't think it's very accurate for me, especially the description of ISTJ-A's. Most of it feels a lot like the Barnum Effect. Plus, many of the questions I had to answer neutral because I didn't fit either side.

Seems I did try the test but failed to give much detail.

QuoteI tried this yonks ago and came out strongly analyst.

This time it seems I am a campaigner!

As you suggest, Davin, the results can depend on current factors in your life "Analyst", "mechanic and "campaigner" can all apply to me but perhaps the last is the lesser. The first two certainly show strongly in the 2004 psychometric vocational testing we got for half-price at college, but the "mechanic" much less so in similar tests I took in the early 1970s.

But I also seem to have had a fixation on flatulence at that time of that earlier thread!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74