News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

So I just got back from church!

Started by Rift Zone, February 11, 2018, 09:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rift Zone

...with Mormons, even.   3 hours of Latter Day Saints made for an interesting afternoon.   
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

No one

Rift Zone

Lol   I don't like them that much!   ;)
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Icarus

A while back, two of those nice young men from LDS gave me a copy of the Book Of Morman.  I read some of it. You gotta be shittin' me.  That is one far out load of snake oil medicine.  The baffling part is that there are some intelligent and sophisticated people who are dedicated to that "faith".

Rift Zone

Quote from: Icarus on February 12, 2018, 02:46:04 AM
A while back, two of those nice young men from LDS gave me a copy of the Book Of Morman.  I read some of it. You gotta be shittin' me.  That is one far out load of snake oil medicine.  The baffling part is that there are some intelligent and sophisticated people who are dedicated to that "faith".
lol    Aint that the truth.   

I'm only there for research.    I believe I mentioned I'm writing a book to subvert indoctrination.    -That's putting it lightly, Abrahamic gods will not make it out of this century "alive".

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dragonia

I think after 3 hours, my eye muscles would be sore...from rolling.
During my deconversion period, I told a friend, who thought she had the Gift of Prophecy, that going into church made my skin crawl and made me so angry at every thing they said. After some thought and some more questions, she was convinced that I was under demonic oppression and it was Satan making me feel that way, in the presence of a Holy God.
Never. Again.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

No one

Satan and his demons must lead pathetically boring lives if they get their jollies from tormenting creatures already damned to hell.

Davin

For indoctrination, the first Sunday of the month is a better time to go to a Mormon church.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Rift Zone

Quote from: Tank on February 12, 2018, 06:32:07 AM
Why did you go?
We all know religion is hazardous to the health of humanity.   How can that even be?  What is religion holding onto that enables it to be immune to contrary fact and reason while compelling people to do the craziest shit.    That's not a simple "belief"; beliefs don't have that capacity...   To summarize a drawn out explanation: it turns out spirituality is a legit human trait.   It's not religious woo-woo, it's what religious woo-woo has a ahold of, and effectively, a monopoly on.   Spirituality is a subconscious thing, so what it amounts to, and how humanity relates to it is inherently obscured from consciousness, so there's no surprise there's a lot of different takes on what spirituality is, so it wouldn't surprise me if you're not buying it...  I can explain it though...    Anyway, the book I'm working on does explain it: what it is , how we relate to it, and it promotes an atheistic approach to consciously processing spirituality, as well a thorough psychoanalysis of what abrahamic religions amount to in light of all this...    so yea, I'm gonna kick god's ass.   

Dragonia:    Daymn.   Smh

No one:  pretty sure Satan Is being a dick because he got dumped by Jesus.

Davin:  sweet!   Bring the psychological warfare on!!!   Those fucks have met their match.   ;)

Tank

Quote from: Rift Zone on February 12, 2018, 03:42:17 PM
Quote from: Tank on February 12, 2018, 06:32:07 AM
Why did you go?
We all know religion is hazardous to the health of humanity.   How can that even be?  What is religion holding onto that enables it to be immune to contrary fact and reason while compelling people to do the craziest shit.    That's not a simple "belief"; beliefs don't have that capacity...   To summarize a drawn out explanation: it turns out spirituality is a legit human trait.   It's not religious woo-woo, it's what religious woo-woo has a ahold of, and effectively, a monopoly on.   Spirituality is a subconscious thing, so what it amounts to, and how humanity relates to it is inherently obscured from consciousness, so there's no surprise there's a lot of different takes on what spirituality is, so it wouldn't surprise me if you're not buying it...  I can explain it though...    Anyway, the book I'm working on does explain it: what it is , how we relate to it, and it promotes an atheistic approach to consciously processing spirituality, as well a thorough psychoanalysis of what abrahamic religions amount to in light of all this...    so yea, I'm gonna kick god's ass.   

Dragonia:    Daymn.   Smh

No one:  pretty sure Satan Is being a dick because he got dumped by Jesus.

Davin:  sweet!   Bring the psychological warfare on!!!   Those fucks have met their match.   ;)

Keep us posted on developments.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.