News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Spirit Animals, Get Your Spirit Animals Here

Started by Recusant, January 25, 2018, 05:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Am I the only snake in HAF?  I suppose it's appropriate, seeing that the Caduceus that Hermes carries is a staff entwined by two snakes.

Anyway, I crave some serpentine company.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

OK, I don't want to be mean, but I believe that pose is anatomically impossible. Hips moving forward, chest completely to the front, head turned...what is that...180. degrees?

The Egyptians made the same mistake.

I learned it in art class. The teacher did a demonstration, it's not possible.

Anyways,
...Sorry, back to snakes...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on January 26, 2018, 06:11:52 AM

OK, I don't want to be mean, but I believe that pose is anatomically impossible. Hips moving forward, chest completely to the front, head turned...what is that...180. degrees?

Anyways,

Yes, I see what you mean, but I guess the artist sacrificed realism to make it more expressive. It's not my painting, but I did create my avatar myself.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 26, 2018, 07:50:44 AM

Anyways,

Yes, I see what you mean, but I guess the artist sacrificed realism to make it more expressive. It's not my painting, but I did create my avatar myself.
Yes, they "attempted" expressive, but...Um...in a twisted sort of way...Ha! Twisted, get it?  :grin:

You took this picture?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on January 26, 2018, 08:00:49 AM

Anyways,

Yes, they "attempted" expressive, but...Um...in a twisted sort of way...Ha! Twisted, get it?  :grin:

You took this picture?

;D I get it - I am an expert in twisted.

The avatar isn't a photo. I created the pose in Poser Pro first by combining the foot and wings from different sources, then exported it as an image. The sandal was drawn in using Photoshop.
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 26, 2018, 08:09:13 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 26, 2018, 08:00:49 AM

Anyways,

You took this picture?

;D I get it - I am an expert in twisted.
:rimshot:

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 26, 2018, 08:09:13 AM
The avatar isn't a photo. I created the pose in Poser Pro first by combining the foot and wings from different sources, then exported it as an image. The sandal was drawn in using Photoshop.
Very nice.
Would you like to show us more stuff that you've created?  :tellmemore:

Dave

Sorry, Hermes, but "Poser Pro" just creased me! Nuances and conotations . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on January 26, 2018, 08:23:14 AM
Very nice.
Would you like to show us more stuff that you've created?  :tellmemore:

Thank you, you are so nice. Yes, I will show more stuff I've done. Mainly ceramics and sculptures. Also some paintings, but I am a terrible painter.
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on January 26, 2018, 09:43:43 AM

What do you mean, Dave? Have you played with Poser?
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Quote from: hermes2015 on January 26, 2018, 10:20:46 AM
Quote from: Dave on January 26, 2018, 09:43:43 AM

What do you mean, Dave? Have you played with Poser?

Sorry, forgot to give the link:

http://my.smithmicro.com/poser-features.html
― Charles Eames

Dragonia

Dave, I am also a deer!
The description actually fits me quite well!

What it means to be a Deer:
When you have the deer as spirit animal, you are highly sensitive and have a strong intuition. By affinity with this animal, you have the power to deal with challenges with grace. You master the art of being both determined and gentle in your approach.

The deer totem wisdom imparts those with a special connection with this animal with the ability to be vigilant, move quickly, and trust their instincts to get out the trickiest situations. 

The meanings associated with the deer combine both soft, gentle qualities with strength and determination:
Gentleness
Ability to move through life and obstacles with grace
Being in touch with inner child, innocence
Being sensitive and intuitive
Vigilance, ability to change directions quickly
Magical ability to regenerate, being in touch with life's mysteries
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

Quote from: Dragonia on January 26, 2018, 01:17:01 PM
Dave, I am also a deer!
The description actually fits me quite well!

What it means to be a Deer:
When you have the deer as spirit animal, you are highly sensitive and have a strong intuition. By affinity with this animal, you have the power to deal with challenges with grace. You master the art of being both determined and gentle in your approach.

The deer totem wisdom imparts those with a special connection with this animal with the ability to be vigilant, move quickly, and trust their instincts to get out the trickiest situations.

The meanings associated with the deer combine both soft, gentle qualities with strength and determination:
Gentleness
Ability to move through life and obstacles with grace
Being in touch with inner child, innocence
Being sensitive and intuitive
Vigilance, ability to change directions quickly
Magical ability to regenerate, being in touch with life's mysteries

This is a bit like fortune telling and astrology - generalisations that fit, maybe "smear" is better, across a spectrum!

I could tick boxes from both the deer and bear descriptions regarding how I want to appear to others. Whether or not I actually have all those attributes and qualities is another matter, one that I will have to leave to those others to judge  :grin:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dragonia

Yeah, it is like reading one's daily horoscope... I'm sure elements of all the "Spirits" would fit all of us.
But I love the different creatures that we, very loosely, represent.
And Hermes, I adore snakes. All reptiles, really. But especially snakes.  ;)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

hermes2015

Quote from: Dragonia on January 26, 2018, 01:48:54 PM
And Hermes, I adore snakes. All reptiles, really. But especially snakes.  ;)

In that case, can I interest you in an apple?
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

This test is fixed or something, because my spirit animal is apparently a fucking kat!  :sadshake:

That is just fucking wrong...

Plus, they don't even have monkeys or gorillas listed as one of the animals...

I hate kats!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."