News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Started by xSilverPhinx, December 21, 2017, 01:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I hope this has been a good year for all, with plenty of good experiences worth remembering, with the people we cherish in our lives. Sure there have been some bad, but what kind of adventure doesn't have its bumps and cracks along the way? As long as it isn't a crater that swallows you whole, adversities make our everyday victories more meaningful, IMO.

Anyway, wishing you all a great 2018!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Tsk, it's just another purely artificial, man made, concept, just another orbit in reality... It will bring whatever it brings.

(Hang in, has No One taken over my mind!?)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on December 21, 2017, 02:17:35 PM
Tsk, it's just another purely artificial, man made, concept, just another orbit in reality... It will bring whatever it brings.

I think you're living in another time dimension, Dave. :P

It's true what you say, but is it necessarily a bad thing? I think there is benefit to seeing the glass half full rather than half empty. :smilenod: Even if that can maybe skew expectations a bit. :notsure:

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2017, 02:26:31 PM

It's true what you say, but is it necessarily a bad thing? I think there is benefit to seeing the glass half full rather than half empty. :smilenod: Even if that can maybe skew expectations a bit. :notsure:

My glass has in it whatever my glass has in it. I try to live life as it comes along, making of it the best I can - no expectations, no regrets. It's called advanced age and slowly failing health, fatalism rules, OK!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on December 21, 2017, 02:38:01 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2017, 02:26:31 PM

My glass has in it whatever my glass has in it. I try to live life as it comes along, making of it the best I can - no expectations, no regrets. It's called advanced age and slowly failing health, fatalism rules, OK!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

:notsure: I can do that.

Magdalena

Is this possible!?

Could this be contagious!?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 21, 2017, 01:51:21 PM
Anyway, wishing you all a great 2018!

I wish you the same.  :hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Wishing everyone the best possible festive season and new orbit  :grin:

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on December 21, 2017, 08:58:08 PM
Wishing everyone the best possible festive season and new orbit  :grin:
:grin:

Icarus

It has been a source of satisfaction and pleasure to have been a member of the HAF family. I am honored to have been in the presence of some uncommonly intelligent, informed, scholarly, thoughtfully biased, and frequently bawdy people that I am proud to call virtual friends. 

I wish you one and all, health, wealth, and happiness.

The simple inherit folly, but the prudent are crowned with knowledge
..............Proverbs 14:18

Ecurb Noselrub

I like to make plans for the coming year.  If I get it on the calendar, my theory is that I can't die that year, as I have obligations that are set.  So I've got plans for traveling and other stuff for all of 2018.  It's going to be a GREAT year!

Sandra Craft

I toast you all with a glass half full of Martinelli's sparkling apple cider.  2017 was . . . interesting, here's hoping 2018 is full of pleasant surprises for everyone.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 22, 2017, 12:55:33 AM
I toast you all with a glass half full of Martinelli's sparkling apple cider.  2017 was . . . interesting, here's hoping 2018 is full of pleasant surprises for everyone.
Cheers!

I just made me some tea.
Cinnamon stick
Orange peel
Clove

Lime
Honey

Tequila.

:cauldron:

~I am ready for 2018.

Magdalena

Guys!
I forgot to mention...
I got a cell phone!
Finally! Man!

I'm so happy.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on December 30, 2017, 05:05:56 AM
Guys!
I forgot to mention...
I got a cell phone!
Finally! Man!

I'm so happy.

Yay   :yes!:
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany