News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What happens when the sex bot says no?

Started by Tank, December 01, 2017, 08:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I'm watching a fascinating programme The sex robots are coming. These are second generation silicon male and female human analogues. The intention is that they are interactive not simply passive. As artificial intelligence is refined one would assume, for the sale of discussion, that a 'West World' scenario where robots/androids rebel will happen at some point.

What should humans do when a sex bot says 'No.'?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on December 01, 2017, 08:58:18 AM

I'm watching a fascinating programme The sex robots are coming. These are second generation silicon male and female human analogues. The intention is that they are interactive not simply passive. As artificial intelligence is refined one would assume, for the sale of discussion, that a 'West World' scenario where robots/androids rebel will happen at some point.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 01, 2017, 09:03:00 AM

:rofl:

I think that would be good training for dealing with humans.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

I like BP's solution! :)

I would be very durprised if bots got that sophieticated in any of our lifetimes! Beyond a counter programmed to say, "Having sex with me ten times a day evey day may cause you damage," anyway!

Bots will be dangerous if they ever develop a sense of self and "self-value", an ability to compare themselves with humans as we compare ourselves with others. Only a lunatic would program that in deliberately and how complex need a brain be to develop it spontaneously?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

I should have sdded that I have not watched the prog, still trying to unravell the legal limitations of watching any TV output without a licence. The wording in most sources needs a solicitor to interpret it!

Though this is a pain, in that I miss progs like this, I feel happier to not have that licence.

Later: haven't checked on this for a long time so decided to recheck on the licencing website. Looks like they have revamped it:

QuoteDo I need a TV Licence if I only ever watch on demand services (like catch up TV), DVDs or downloaded programmes?
You don't need a licence if you only ever watch on demand or catch up programmes on services other than BBC iPlayer (and you also never watch live TV programmes on any channel, including on iPlayer).
You also don't need a licence to watch DVDs, Blu-rays or videos.
You need a TV Licence to download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand. This applies to any device and provider you use.

So, will be loading appropriate app later!

OT but there seems to be a revolution in improving national agency websites, the new NHS ones are far more into the KISS philosophy, but with no lack of information, as well.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on December 01, 2017, 11:40:28 AM
I should have sdded that I have not watched the prog, still trying to unravell the legal limitations of watching any TV output without a licence. The wording in most sources needs a solicitor to interpret it!

Though this is a pain, in that I miss progs like this, I feel happier to not have that licence.

Later: haven't checked on this for a long time so decided to recheck on the licencing website. Looks like they have revamped it:

QuoteDo I need a TV Licence if I only ever watch on demand services (like catch up TV), DVDs or downloaded programmes?
You don't need a licence if you only ever watch on demand or catch up programmes on services other than BBC iPlayer (and you also never watch live TV programmes on any channel, including on iPlayer).
You also don't need a licence to watch DVDs, Blu-rays or videos.
You need a TV Licence to download or watch BBC programmes on iPlayer – live, catch up or on demand. This applies to any device and provider you use.

So, will be loading appropriate app later!

OT but there seems to be a revolution in improving national agency websites, the new NHS ones are far more into the KISS philosophy, but with no lack of information, as well.
I will pm you.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Davin

We're very far away from AI that is something I would consider a consciousness. So if a sex bot says no, it will probably be for some kind of safety reason. Unless one wants their bits electrocuted, one should listen.

If AI gets closer, then I think one should listen, just to be safe.

But then what about if it was programmed to do so, like in Westworld type of scenario. I couldn't if the robot said "no," but then I'd have to think about whether I should prevent other people from doing so. That is the problem with this kind of problem, in order for us to be certain that there is or isn't a problem, it will require study which means people could potentially be getting hurt while we're looking into whether it harms people.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Bad Penny II on December 01, 2017, 09:03:00 AM
Quote from: Tank on December 01, 2017, 08:58:18 AM

:rofl:

:postoday:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey