News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Don't panic!

Started by Tank, November 10, 2017, 06:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 11, 2017, 12:06:44 PM
Quote from: No one on November 11, 2017, 11:59:23 AM
Argentium:
What did I miss?

Oh, just bigfoot dancing with Andromeda in front of a band comprised of winged pink elephants lead by Nessie.
Also, Elvis was making grilled peanut butter and banana sammiches.

:notworthy: Oh thank god...for a moment there I thought there were some technical difficulties with HAF.  :worried:

Do keep up, dear . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on November 11, 2017, 12:26:03 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 11, 2017, 12:06:44 PM
Quote from: No one on November 11, 2017, 11:59:23 AM
Argentium:
What did I miss?

Oh, just bigfoot dancing with Andromeda in front of a band comprised of winged pink elephants lead by Nessie.
Also, Elvis was making grilled peanut butter and banana sammiches.

:notworthy: Oh thank god...for a moment there I thought there were some technical difficulties with HAF.  :worried:

Do keep up, dear . . .

I try, but you have to excuse my slowness, it's Saturday morning and I've only just woken up. :P

(Maybe I should drink some more caffeine)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

It's not done yet!

Asmo is backing up the data base. The site will close for a while and then reopen. You'll be logged out in that process so you'll need to log back in.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Hopefully all the bits are now in place, it's now a case of shuffling things around.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

Only glitch I have found so far is that some of the emojis appear only as text labels, not the image, but I think that started early in the morning, before the swap.

Guardian85

Quote from: Dave on November 11, 2017, 08:15:37 AM
Quote from: Tank on November 11, 2017, 07:22:55 AM
Quote from: Icarus on November 11, 2017, 01:43:33 AM
OMG ! It would be difficult to live without HAF, for even a few days.  :eyebrow:

It should only be an hour or so. Asmo needs to backup the forum database. Whitney transfers the domain from her hosting agreement to mine. Asmo uploads the forum database to my shared server account and things should start working again.
There's a "should" in there . . .
Something you learn in the military. All good plans have a couple of "shoulds" in them.
That's why we prefer to have more than one.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 12, 2017, 12:57:42 AM
^ So what's Plan B?  :P

It is a bit like plan 9, but this time not from outer space  :)
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Tank

Asmodean Prime

...And look! The emoticons survived!  :asmo:

P.S; I do know about the local avatars. Will have a looksie tomorrow.

Magdalena

QuoteThank you, Whitney, for creating and hosting this community for
all those years. All hail Lord Tank!
...And all hail Lord Asmodean Prime
Tech Admin
Administrator
Father Of All Asmos

:not worthy:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Whoopee

And thanks to all those who made it possible!

Biggus Dickus

Since I couldn't help directly I sent "Thoughts and Prayers" to the HAF staff,...looks like it worked. 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

Whew ! That was scary. All hail the Asmo and Tank.

Now that we are back in business, is it time to discuss the dollar/pound/kronar/sheckle cost of making the change over?