News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Don't panic!

Started by Tank, November 10, 2017, 06:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

With a bit of luck the forum will move from an account owned by Whitney to one 'owned' by me. This will mean that the forum will not be active from time to time over the next few days. Look out for updates here and on the Facebook Happy Atheist page.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on November 10, 2017, 06:51:07 PM
With a bit of luck the forum will move from an account owned by Whitney to one 'owned' by me. This will mean that the forum will not be active from time to time over the next few days. Look out for updates here and on the Facebook Happy Atheist page.

Well shit, there goes the neighborhood! ::)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

No one

Are you saying the forum is going to get tanked?

Dave

What on earth am I going to do when I have to go for a pee at 4am and can't get back to sleep!?!  :Gaah:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on November 10, 2017, 06:51:07 PM
With a bit of luck the forum will move from an account owned by Whitney to one 'owned' by me...

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

OMG ! It would be difficult to live without HAF, for even a few days.  :eyebrow:

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on November 11, 2017, 01:43:33 AM
OMG ! It would be difficult to live without HAF, for even a few days.  :eyebrow:

It should only be an hour or so. Asmo needs to backup the forum database. Whitney transfers the domain from her hosting agreement to mine. Asmo uploads the forum database to my shared server account and things should start working again.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

Quote from: Tank on November 11, 2017, 07:22:55 AM

It should only be an hour or so. Asmo needs to backup the forum database. Whitney transfers the domain from her hosting agreement to mine. Asmo uploads the forum database to my shared server account and things should start working again.
There's a "should" in there . . .

hermes2015

That is true, it will be difficult. On top of that, I am already dreading the week of the 20th, when I will be in Dubai. I am pretty sure our godless site is blocked there, so I will not be able to access HAF again until the 24th, when I get back home.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Dave on November 11, 2017, 08:15:37 AM
Quote from: Tank on November 11, 2017, 07:22:55 AM

There's a "should" in there . . .
Yes there is. None of us have ever done this before  :grin:

Tank

8:53 Saturday UK time. Process should be starting shortly.

Dave

10.50 UK time

HURRAY

:party:

HAF is back well done!

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Argentium:
What did I miss?

Oh, just bigfoot dancing with Andromeda in front of a band comprised of winged pink elephants lead by Nessie.
Also, Elvis was making grilled peanut butter and banana sammiches.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on November 11, 2017, 11:59:23 AM
Argentium:
What did I miss?

Oh, just bigfoot dancing with Andromeda in front of a band comprised of winged pink elephants lead by Nessie.
Also, Elvis was making grilled peanut butter and banana sammiches.

:notworthy: Oh thank god...for a moment there I thought there were some technical difficulties with HAF.  :worried:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey